Program Lead - Strategic Initiatives, Global Service Design
About the Role
As the GSD Strategic Initiatives lead, you'll help program manage key initiatives which the GSD leadership takes on from time to time.
This role is for a lead who is extremely good in communication, especially written, and in managing projects, can work cross-functionally to strategize, plan, implement, monitor and report progress on key initiatives.
Your scope will include working with regional teams, developing consistent and structured approaches for GSD way of working and being a thought partner to the GSD leadership.
If driving global impactful programs to deliver a world class customer experience at Uber excites you, then come join us to build the best in class experience for every Uber customer.
What You'll Do
- Program manage end to end key GSD initiatives
- Communicate the plans, progress and outcomes of key initiatives
- Help plan, implement and monitor cross functional initiatives
- Provide independent and objective views to GSD leadership and be a thought partner
- Lead a small team of program managers and individual contributors and grow passionate future leaders
- At least 7 years of professional experience in general management, customer experience, global scaled service, and/or production operations leading teams
- MBA Preferred
- Experience of working in consulting companies preferred
- Data-driven and analytical in approach, you can look at any spreadsheet and know the right questions to ask to get to concrete outcomes, and you know how to explain data in a digestible way
- Ability to get work done through cross-functional and geographically distributed teams through influence
- Good understanding of business strategy and ability to take a long term view
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Diversity & Inclusion