Software Engineer II, AdTech
About the Role
If you are interested in making a direct impact to Uber's bottom line, join the Ad Tech team. Uber is on track to spend hundreds of millions of dollars in marketing. A 10% improvement in return on investment on this spend saves the company millions and directly speeds up the company's path to profitability. Help us build the software systems that will make this happen. The team is still in its early stages, so you can drive products from inception to adoption and further iterations, making a huge impact.
What You'll Need
- Architecture: Knowledge of data structures and an eye for architecture. You can discuss the tradeoff between architectural choices, both on a theoretical level and on an applied level.
- Strong coding/debugging abilities: You have advanced knowledge of at least one programming language, and are happy to learn more. Our core languages are Java and Go.
- Fast learner: We're looking for software engineers who thrive on learning new technologies and don't believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You should be able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our massive growth and rapidly evolving business environment.
- A great teammate: You believe that you can achieve more on a team -- that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Design and intuition for business: You understand requirements beyond the written word. Whether you're working on an API used by other developers, an internal tool consumed by our operation teams, or a feature used by millions of customers, your attention to details leads to a delightful user experience.
- Prior background in Advertising Systems is a plus
- Strong coding/debugging abilities: You'll have solid Java or Go knowledge and hands-on experience.
- You have high coding standards (TDD, Clean Code)
- You have experience in the AdTech field
- You have worked for several years within a production environment
- Data: Experience querying data using SQL.
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Diversity & Inclusion