Senior Frontend Software Engineer
About the Role
Uber is one of the fastest growing tech companies in history. Supporting this rapid business growth, while developers add features, creates a variety of reliability and efficiency challenges. We must ensure we have enough resources to operate the business and our software is stable and performant.
Uber is on the lookout for a Senior Frontend Software Engineer to join our Capacity Engineering team in Vilnius. As a Frontend Engineer, you will help define a comprehensive vision and build core products across a variety of focus areas such as: capacity planning, forecasting, budgeting, ordering of hardware, and capacity management, hardware allocation, rate-limiting, as well as fleet-wide monitoring and complex analytics. All to help guide key business decisions to grow Uber's infrastructure while collaborating with platform teams, service owners, finance and leaders.
What You'll Do:
- You'll work with others in a well-adapted agile development environment to solve diverse technical challenges.
- You will build products and services that are highly available and scalable to serve our customers.
- Craft and build web applications with the latest web technologies - React, GraphQL, Flow, Typescript, CSS in JS, node.js, and demonstrating open-source frameworks built by Uber such as Base UI, styletron, and Fusion.js to build compelling solutions.
- You will collaborate with other teammates to maintain the health of our systems and codebase, refactor and make improvements, and keep our systems robust and resilient.
- Write clear documentation so that other engineers can partner to chip in and deliver.
- Be a mentor and trusted advisor for both our dedicated team members and passionate leaders alike.
What You'll Need:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent experience.
- 6+ years of demonstrated ability of building interactive web applications.
Nice to Have:
- Experience building complex single-page applications.
- Experience with GraphQL.
- Background in building high-performance, scalable, distributed systems.
- Knowledge in one of the backend languages: Java, Python, Golang.
- Grit, drive and a strong sense of ownership coupled with an appetite for teamwork!
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Diversity & Inclusion