Senior Backend Software Engineer
About the Role
Uber is one of the fastest growing tech companies in history. Supporting this rapid business growth, while developers add features, builds a variety of reliability and efficiency challenges. We must ensure we have enough resources to operate the business and our software is stable and performant.
Uber is on the lookout for an outstanding Senior Backend Software Engineer to join our Capacity Engineering team in Vilnius. As a Backend Engineer, you will help define a comprehensive vision and build core products across a variety of focus areas such as: capacity planning, forecasting, budgeting, ordering of hardware, and capacity management, hardware allocation, rate-limiting, as well as fleet-wide monitoring and complex analytics. All to help guide key business decisions to grow Uber's infrastructure while collaborating with platform teams, service owners, finance and leaders.
What You'll Do:
- Work with teams across Uber to identify, model and project capacity needs over time, help scale services and platforms within our capacity budget and find chances to create Uber more efficient.
- Architect, design and build software solutions to help with all aspects of capacity planning/management/engineering to scale Uber's infrastructure across a variety of sophisticated workflows and business processes.
- Chip in to ensuring Uber efficiently uses resources in on-premise data centers and cloud providers.
What You'll Need:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent experience.
- Sound understanding of distributed system fundamentals.
- 6+ years of experience building distributed systems.
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of Fullstack development.
- Systematic problem solving approach and knowledge of algorithms, data structures and complexity analysis.
- Experience with a relational database (MySQL, PostgreSQL).
- Experience with data engineering, data pipelines, big data systems, data science, SQL, analytics.
- Grit, drive and a strong sense of ownership coupled with an appetite for teamwork!
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Diversity & Inclusion