Engagement and Recognition Specialist
About the Role
Uber is looking for a Program Specialist to support employee engagement and recognition programs on the Center of Excellence team. This role supports a diverse set of projects and programs that enable the COE team to continue to grow, develop and foster a great company culture. If you are interested in being an integral part of helping shape Uber's employee experience and moving the organization forward in a meaningful and measurable way, this is the role for you.
---- What the Candidate Will Do ----
- Serve as an ambassador and role model for Uber's Values
- Have a strong pulse on people's beliefs, attitudes, behaviors, and values at Uber
- Be attuned to the specific needs of Uber's culture, identify root causes of engagement issues, and collaborate with the CER Managers to address them
- Conceptualize, execute and lead site-wide and APAC-wide events and all cultural programs
- Conceptualize, develop and execute employee engagement events and activities end to end with minimal or no supervision.
- Help manage vendors and drive positive outcomes for our organization.
- Lead efforts for engagement and recognition programs targeting a positive experience for employees
- Use creativity and innovation while driving employee engagement and recognition programs
- Be confident in presenting to a large population as well as high-level stakeholders
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism when networking and working with Senior & Executive Leaders
- Build and sustain strong relationships with People partners, the leadership team, and employees across all functions
- Partner with Workplace, IT, People and Security staff to make sure program needs are being met
- Be able to use wide forms of internal media options to help drive strong internal communications
- Create content in a wide range of formats like video, presentations and web newsletters
---- Basic Qualifications ----
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact professionally and efficiently with internal and external partners/ vendors
- Works well independently with minimal supervision but can also work well in a team setting
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking and analytical skills. Ideally, you are an outstanding problem solver who is solution-oriented and has a genuine interest in helping others
- Proficiency in useful communications and collateral creation tools such as Photoshop, iMovie, Google forms, Google Pages etc. is a must
- A high level of proficiency with Google Drive/ Office Suite
---- What the Candidate Will Do ----
- 2+ years experience in conceptualizing, developing, and executing execute employee engagement events
- Proven project management skills (plan and execute projects with multiple work streams and dependencies) and the ability to manage tasks involving multiple businesses to meet aggressive deadlines
- Thoroughly plan and implement programs with multiple work streams and dependencies and ensure that end-to-end support strategy is accomplished
- Willingness to work weekends and occasional holidays, in an operational 24/7 environment
- Experience in working with various workgroups like facilities, workplaces, IT, operations and coordinating and hosting high visibility events is a plus
- Very strong, strategic and business growth mindset. Skills to measure the impact of existing programs and proactively drive improvement and increase in programs' value
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Diversity & Inclusion