Senior Team Lead
About the Role
Senior team Leads are skilled people leaders with a dedication to driving continuous process improvement! They directly handle and empower TLs / Specialists responsible for providing the highest quality support in the hardest working, most efficient way possible.
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
- Lead, empower and develop a robust team of TLs / Specialists within a time-sensitive and fast-paced environment to deliver on operational key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Stay present and available for your team; this includes covering the floor, answering questions, hosting weekly 1-on-1 meetings, and providing real-time feedback to TLs / Specialists
- Mentor team and drive performance to serve our rider and driver communities
- Develop your team's performance with daily audits and guide towards dynamic improvements; find opportunities for additional training & development
- Coordinate day to day operations while constantly evaluating inflows and trends to most appropriately allocate labor resources in real-time
- Act as a subject matter authority (SME) Identify trending issues and guide TLs / Specialists to do the same in their daily work
- Engage with customers and senior management raising issues requiring their awareness and serve as a liaison between investigations and other customers.
- Other duties as assigned by management
---- Basic Qualifications ----
- Drive Strong performance across all efficiency and quality critical metrics for your team Experience in mentoring new hires and supervising their onboarding is preferred
- Proven understanding of team metrics and an analytical bent of mind to identify trends in data and work on the same
- Be willing to go way over and above what is encouraged of you because of how criticality of Sophisticated Support teams
- Strong analytical skills in identifying trends in data and working on the same, strong Google sheets skills and SQL would be an added advantage
- A confirmed authority in performing policy changes/support logic
- Positive doer and strong Uber culture advocate
- Is a role model to the team and recognized as an SME for their LOB
- Consistent track record to provide high-level support for partner concerns
- Supports the team in their leader's absence
- Recognizes opportunities in the process and suggest solutions/improvements
- Understanding of customer management and experience of the same is preferred
- Open to work in 24X7 support, understands the need for the continuous coverage, and is able to empower their team to do the same
- No performance plans or disciplinary actions during the past year; candidates engaged in wilful negligence of tasks or misses on critical processes will not be eligible
- No attendance issues (less than 3 instances)
- Excellent interpersonal skills as you will need to provide 1:1 feedback to specialists
- Comfortable with working directly with various levels of leadership
- Strong time leadership skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to quickly adapt to change
- Ability to pick up on trends and provide insights to IRT Leadership
- Excellent people leadership skills
---- What the Candidate Will Do ----
At Uber, we reinvent the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, tackling big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery customers, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We encourage people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Diversity & Inclusion