General Manager, Uber Eats Ireland
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving around the world. We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward together.
Uber Eats is looking for a General Manager of Ireland to lead our business end-to-end in a critical country in EMEA. You will manage a team to deliver on our ambition to be the platform of choice for consumers, merchants and couriers in each key market in your country.
This role calls for a well-rounded combination of strategic thinking, stakeholder management and leadership skills. We operate in a fast paced environment, so we are looking for a highly adaptable candidate who is able to pivot between long-term strategic initiatives one moment and rapid, tactical actions the next.
What you'll do
- Strategy - Create inspiring, ambitious business plans to operate effectively in a highly competitive, fast paced industry, to establish Ireland as a key country in the Uber Eats portfolio
- Leadership - Sit on the UK & Ireland Delivery leadership team, having a strong voice in broader discussions including strategy, public policy, talent & culture, sponsoring and leading various initiatives across the wider business
- P&L Management - Achieving growth objectives within budget constraints, through constant P&L optimisation
- Board management - As a member of our board of directors for Uber Eats Ireland, you'll take responsibility over proper business governance and make impactful decisions for the future of the company
- Externalities - Being our voice in Ireland, you will manage our most important external stakeholders, working for instance with our public policy team and our safety teams to build a strong relationship with the Irish policy makers
- Team Management - Lead a team of approx 15 people to achieve ambitious growth targets
- Sales & Account Management - Driving growth, operational excellence and financial sustainability partnering with the Irish restaurants and merchants, with teams of Territory Account Managers and Field Sales Reps
What you'll need
- Vision - ability to develop and communicate a compelling yet credible vision of the future for all members of the organisation, focusing on the long-term success of the organisation, sharing the vision, values and organisation plan with all stakeholders, integrating and representing fairly their needs and delivering growth and category position advancements in the country.
- Business acumen - ability to link our business performance metrics and P&L with our team's actions on the ground. This role is responsible for tight P&L management, which requires a strong understanding of our unit economics and the key drivers of our revenues and costs.
- Leadership - ability to rally and motivate a team behind a common goal, even in rapidly changing situations and disruptive environments. The dispersed nature of your team in this environment requires a leader capable of building focus, resilience and trust in their teams.
- Stakeholder management - ability to build relationships and influence stakeholders, both internally and externally, to advance the roadmap of our Irish business.
- Problem solving & operational excellence - a constant appetite and ability to analyse complex situations using a vast range of inputs, drawing simple conclusions and translating them into actionable plans. We operate with imperfect data in a rapidly changing environment, and need a leader capable of translating cross-functional inputs into logical conclusions and simple plans.
- Commercial acumen - ability to build creative commercial strategy in a diversity of markets, unlocking quality selection under intense competitive pressure. We are looking for a leader who understands our restaurant partners' motivations, is capable of navigating difficult commercial conversations and can coach their team in delivering operational excellence with our partners
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Diversity & Inclusion