About the Role
We're looking for an HR Generalist (HR COE Associate) to provide support to our employee population in the Cairo Center of Excellence, Egypt - someone who is passionate about finding ways to best support our growing Uber family. The HR contact is primarily responsible for supporting employees and leaders in the various businesses we operate in. You will partner with HRBP(s) and COEs on various stages of the employee lifecycle from talent management, performance management, onboarding/offboarding, and business-driven initiatives. In addition, you will be responsible for implementing sophisticated regional or global projects.
You will be driven by data, organized, and passionate about continually maturing processes and improving the Uber employee experience. A successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment and adapt as new priorities come up. Outstanding communication skills, time management, and attention to detail are key attributes in this role
What You'll Do
Provide support to employees and leaders in the business: mentoring on performance management, accommodations, business conduct, policies, and other HR-related topics
- Analyze data from various daily activities and projects to identify patterns and trends that can help build, improve processes, or identify areas of concern
- Partner with your cross-functional teams on larger projects and organizational changes
- Identify and execute on continuous improvement of HR programs and processes to improve the overall employee and manager experience
- Provide support to the various functions areas during the performance review lifecycle by contributing to the talent reviews, talent assessment, and follow-ups
- Own and strengthen key partnerships on behalf of the team (with other People COEs: Benefits, ER, People Operations, People Systems, Analytics, HRBPs)
- Facilitate the adoption and continuous improvement of HR programs, policies, and processes to improve the enablement and experience of employees and managers
- Complete processes and project work to maintain compliance in your region or function
Proficient in English and Arabic language (written and spoken)
- 3+ years of professional, related experience as a generalist, advisor, business partner, or project/program manager in the human resources discipline
Proven knowledge of Egypt employment practices
- Experience with mentoring line managers & peers on HR processes and supporting them in strengthening their leadership skills
- Proven capability of providing employee and manager HR consultations
- Experience with driving positive solutions to sophisticated employee complaints and discrimination charges
- Strong analytical skills and logical thought processes, with the ability to identify and resolve sophisticated and sensitive HR issues/problems
- Proven effective partner management and collaboration with other teams to deliver a consistent employee experience
- Exposure to employee relations and understanding of the investigation process
- Excellent verbal written communication skills; and strong project management expertise
- Workday experience and/or experience using JIRA or ServiceNow is a plus
- Knowledge of employment law preferred
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Diversity & Inclusion