Senior Business Development Associate, Product Partnerships
About the Role
We're looking for someone to join our Global BD team to identify new product, growth, trust & safety partnership opportunities, influence our product strategy in the region, and manage existing global strategic partnerships!
We are seeking a strong teammate to shape and deliver on the vision and strategy of Uber's Global Business Development team and specifically our product partnership strategy. The Global Business Development team's mandate covers Uber's core Mobility & Delivery businesses, and other strategic relationships.
This role will be responsible for developing, advancing, and managing key product and growth partnerships, and crafting and implementing a plan that allows Uber to :
- drive growth for our mobility & delivery business through key product partnerships,
- improve our trust and safety posture,
- help build reliable platforms and foundations and
- improve the health of our P&L.
An ideal candidate will have an excellent ability to think strategically and analytically about business opportunities, as well as a strong record of driving high-value partnerships with large, important institutions across the globe, spanning both public and private sectors. To succeed in this role, you will need a keen sense of responsibility and an ability to inspire!
What You'll Do:
- Support all facets of our Mobility & Delivery businesses, which includes consumers, merchants, and drivers/couriers.
- Influence and drive the product partnership strategy in concert with Product, Business Operations, Marketing, Strategy & Planning, and, Finance, including opportunity sizing and resource prioritization.
- Envision new ways that strategic partnerships can positively impact key delivery and core business objectives by applying creativity and business judgment.
- Identify and effectively analyze new opportunities for Uber, ultimately making recommendations to relevant decision-makers and cross-functional partners
- Evaluate strategic partnerships and initiative opportunities across geographies, performing a broad range of quantitative and qualitative analyses. Demonstrate strong quantitative skills by building financial models that uncover the financial implications of current and new opportunities.
- Drive accountability by managing your partner deals through a process that ensures cross-functional alignment and accountability. Interface and serve as a point of contact for external counterparts and beyond up to C-level executives, alongside seasoned BD professionals for complex deals and relationships.
- Lead strategic and complex negotiations to completion, engaging cross-functional teams and ensuring alignment across teams on deal terms
- Manage the relationship with regional or global partners including defining the overall partner management strategy and influencing outcomes
- 3+ years of experience in business development, strategic partnerships, partner management, or similar roles at a technology company or payments company
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 4-6 years of experience in business development, strategic partnerships, partner management, or similar roles at a technology company or payments company
- Strong product instincts and ability to find opportunities for Uber to leverage partners' existing and in-development products, as well as the ability to collaborate with Uber's Product, Operations, and Engineering organization to build world-class features for our users
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty and ambiguity
- Experience with establishing and maintaining C-level relationships at partner companies.
- Ability to fuse business, strategy, finance, and legal concepts to lead complex, multi-faceted deals.
- Expertise in mobility, delivery, trust & safety is preferred.
- Interest in logistics, online-to-offline, on-demand services, transportation, marketplaces
- Experience working with gig-economy companies
- MBA is a plus
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Diversity & Inclusion