In People & Places, we handle all things people-related so our employees around the globe are empowered to do their best work. In Global Rewards, we build and drive employee rewards programs globally, like benefits and compensation.
About the Role
We are seeking a Manager, Compensation to join our Total Rewards team. Our success brings us unique challenges - join us as we build innovative and creative solutions! You'll serve as a key member of the broader global People & Places team and interact regularly with People team and business leaders.
This position is a phenomenal opportunity to provide vision and direction around strategic compensation program delivery. The ideal candidate thrives in a very fast-paced, constantly evolving, and collaborative environment. Our compensation team is currently based out of our San Francisco global headquarters.
What You'll Do
- Partner with our HRBPs to influence business leaders in compensation strategy, programs and issues while balancing business acumen, reward expertise and relationship skills
- Drive identification, assessment and execution of ongoing compensation process improvement
- Work with cross-functional teams and leadership to understand business goals and recommend/implement innovative approaches, policies and processes to effect continual improvements in compensation programs
- Assess the effectiveness of our compensation strategy for our technology and product organizations, while optimizing for employee experience
- Consult on the design and administration of global programs, processes, market analysis, annual budget planning and focal review
- Develop, implement, and manage base, variable, and equity compensation programs
- Partner with Tech leadership on cost impacts relating to location strategy and cash and equity programs across tech and product organizations
- Provide technical expertise and proactive guidance to supervise and maintain our competitive positioning
- Partner closely with the Talent Acquisition organization to ensure sound, compelling and attractive offers are extended to secure the vital talent to scale us to our projected growth in this challenging market
- Supervise and implement changes to ensure compliance with global pay regulations and Uber's commitment to pay equity
- Lead compelling manager compensation training
- Partner with cross functional teams to develop dashboards and analytic models to provide business insights and interpret market or internal trends
- Minimum of 6+ years of professional experience
- Minimum of 8+ years of professional, relevant experience
- Minimum of 5 years progressive Human Resources and compensation experience with increasing levels of responsibility in identifying, consulting, crafting, recommending, and implementing efficient, innovative business solutions to clients' challenges
- A strong background in Compensation, Mathematics, Finance, Statistics or Economics
- Previous experience working with both broad based and sales compensation
- Strong analytical capabilities, familiarity with broader underlying concepts, and ability to communicate persuasively with business partners to resolve highly sophisticated problems and recommend or produce the best solutions for their client
- Demonstrated experience working with high-level individual contributors and managers across multiple functions
- Strong planning, project management, organizational and communication skills
- Proven track record to adapt and work effectively in a matrix organization
- Consulting experience
- Advanced modeling skills
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Diversity & Inclusion