Head of Compliance, Payments LATAM
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced compliance professional to act as a trusted advisor to the business. The successful candidate will be a responsible leader, with a track record of acting with integrity, to join Uber's compliance team and support our LATAM-based payments operation.
This candidate will be a person keen to help us build a scalable, compliant operation, providing payment services to customers across LATAM. The Head of Compliance, Payments will work closely with the business to establish and lead all aspects of Uber's LATAM payments operation, including implementing effective risk management, Anti-Money Laundering and other critical policies.
This is a once-in-a-career opportunity to join an exciting company engaged in ground breaking technology making a real difference in cities across the world, while also establishing compliance as a reliable engine for balanced growth
What You'll Do
- Finding the right balance of managing robust systems and controls, with enabling business goals.
- Lead in the design, supervision and provision of an effective training and awareness programme for Financial Crime, Integrity and Business Ethics
- Responsibility for Money Laundering policies and procedures, ensuring adherence to applicable laws and acting as MLRO for regulated products and services
- Ensuring that Customer Due Diligence is conducted according to industry standard methodology
- Keep abreast of legislative, regulatory and corporate governance developments that might affect Uber's Payments operation
- Management and execution of the compliance monitoring program; producing reports and making recommendations; and identifying compliance risks associated with the business activities. Follow up on resolution of compliance issues that may arise
- Motivate and lead a team of analysts to put framework design into practice, manage escalations and syndicate compliance across the organization
What You'll Need
- +10 years of experience leading a compliance function in a regulated payments entity in Mexico
- Familiarity with Financial Technology regulation in MX and BR, relevant financial regulations, and other relevant prudential requirements
- Experience leading a compliance function, motivating team members, syndicating and nurturing the importance of compliance as an enabler of balanced business growth
- A passion for developing innovative compliance solutions and being a pragmatic partner to internal stakeholders across the organization
- Dedication to acting with integrity, with high personal work standards.
- Fully proficiency in English; Proficiency in Spanish
- Past work in the FinTech or startup ecosystem building scaled compliance infrastructure
- Experience with financial regulatory bodies
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber's cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, and depending on the workplace location, Uber either requires* or recommends employees be vaccinated to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company's discretion.
- Accommodations may be available based on religious and/or medical conditions, or as required by applicable law. To request an accommodation, please reach out to email@example.com
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada