Key Account Director - Retail
About The Role
The Key Account Director will lead the growth and retention of our largest and most strategic merchant partnerships in ANZ. This role will specifically focus on driving a successful partnerships with Australia's largest retailer.
A Key Account Director deeply understands our partners; builds strong relationships with decision-makers and influencers throughout the organization; and effectively identifies and exploits opportunities to improve core business metrics for our partners and for Uber Eats.
You have previous customer-facing experience at executive levels and have a strong track record of delivery against commercial business targets with evidence of growing existing partners as well as the acquisition of new.
What You'll Do
- Lead post-deal partner management for a book of ANZ's high value and high potential Uber Eats merchant partners.
- Own partner relationships to achieve revenue growth targets for your partners and ensure high retention by driving mutual business value.
- Be the voice of the customer to internal partners - translate their needs and advocate on their behalf.
- Understand the partner landscape and ensure we have strong relationships throughout our retail partner organisations. Represent Uber at relevant events at national and local levels.
- Conceive, design and lead innovative growth initiatives with our partners and drive through to completion, working cross functionally with Uber's internal teams and our merchant partners.
- Set, track and report on performance metrics of merchant partners, run quarterly business reviews and implement joint business planning.
- Negotiate sophisticated deals and manage the associated commercial and legal processes.
- Play a key role in building out the Account management function in the New Verticals team, implementing findings, processes and tools from previous roles.
- Act as a coach and mentor to more junior commercial roles in the team.
What You'll Need
- 8+ years of customer or partner facing experience. Quota-carrying experience preferred.
- Track record of effectively managing a significant book of business including opportunity/risk analysis, forecasting and outperforming metrics-based business goals.
- Commercial acumen. Understanding of how businesses and organizations work and how to navigate a partner's business.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to manage diverse partners across businesses and levels.
- Project management and organizational skills. Experience working cross-functionally preferred.
- Retail and marketing experience a plus.
- An entrepreneur at heart - will thrive in a fast paced environment focussed on growth. Proactive, creative and flexible.
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Diversity & Inclusion