Safety Liaison Officer
About the Role
As a Safety Liaison Officer for the Japan market, you will be responsible for executing final decisions to be taken on users' accounts in the case of critical incidents through the consistent and principled application of Japan safety policies and Global safety standards. You will be required to validate the correct application of process and policy by the investigating agent, and may need to conduct additional analysis to ensure you are confident in the robustness of your decision.
What You'll Do
- Liaise with each stockholder. (Legal, Operation, Policy, Reg Ops, Law Enforcement)
- Ensure SME input is appropriately provided as part of the operation rule.
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders in these teams to facilitate swift incident resolution.
- Embedded within a safety support site, you will act as a subject matter expert.
- Ensuring the accurate and consistent handling of serious safety incidents by support teams.
- Identifying opportunities to enhance internal processes and workflows, as well as the end user experience.
What You'll Need
- Native Japanese speaker
- Business proficiency in English, both written and spoken
- A team player with a passion for safety and for Uber
- Strong analysis and critical thinking skills
- Executional rigor and a strong eye for detail - someone who strives for perfection and holds others to the highest standards
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong stakeholder management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organized and self-driven with an excellent ability to handle a large workload and conflicting, urgent priorities
- Ability to provide constructive feedback and identify opportunities for improvement
- Data skills and ability to create reporting mechanisms and identify trends preferred but not essential
- Strong Decision making skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, integrity, and follow-through on tasks.
- Work well in a team environment, contributing to a collaborative work environment where people learn from one another and continuously improve support practices.
- Strong against pressure
- Project Management
- Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
- Positive outlook and comfort with change
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Diversity & Inclusion