Software Engineer II - Backend and Data - AdTech Platform
About the Role
You will collaborate on defining and implementing the technical roadmap, to automate and optimize marketing spend. You will have the opportunity to not only drive cost savings, but also contribute to Uber' growth, by bringing in more users, trips and gross bookings! The role provides opportunities to collaborate with all Uber product teams as well as with partners across security, privacy and legal functions.
What the Candidate Will Do
- Design, build and deliver end-to-end marketing optimization features spanning across the AdTech tech stack.
- Design, develop and operate highly scalable and reliable services.
- Demonstrate your experience with large scale data using big data technologies such as Spark, Hive, Presto, Flink to build scalable data pipelines that power various ad tech use cases.
- Work in a multi-functional team along with Product Management, Data Science, and Marketing to experiment with new strategies and approaches to optimize ad spend and then build scalable production systems to productionize the winning strategies.
- Collaborate across other engineering teams at Uber to use systems like Michelangelo (ML), Bullseye (Audience Builder), Morpheus (Experimentation), Flow (Workflow Automation), etc. to build systems that use mature technologies at Uber and also influence the overall roadmap of these technologies.
- Architecture: Knowledge of data structures and an eye for architecture. You can discuss the tradeoff between architectural choices, both on a theoretical level and on an applied level.
- Strong coding/debugging abilities: You have advanced knowledge of at least one programming language and are happy to learn more. Our core languages
- Big data: Experience with Distributed systems such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Kafka, Vertica is preferred.
- Data pipeline: All our systems are data-driven and data drives the majority of the decisions made, Strong understanding in SQL, Database. Experience in building a data pipeline is nice to have. Love getting your hands dirty with the data implementing custom ETLs to shape it into information.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in Batch / Stream data processing and Big data technology.
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Diversity & Inclusion