Senior Data Analyst (Automation)
About the Role
This role is part of the APAC Analytics & Reporting Team collaborates with various members across Uber to provide Data as a service and meet all their analytical needs. This analyst will be particularly aligned to the Australia and New Zealand (ANZ) Operations team which is a centralized function recently established to optimize and implement various operational processes previously scattered across the ANZ Mobility organization.
About the Team
The team, formerly branded as Driver Access & Compliance, plays the crucial role of ensuring that all earners on the platform are aligned with ridesharing regulations and internal requirements which vary across each State and Territory in ANZ. This is done through a mix of manual processes and automation.
What You Will Do
- Building automation to replace predominantly manual processes
- Running, maintaining, improving, and fixing existing automation and pipelines
- Working closely with the ANZ Core Ops team to ensure the business context is accurately accounted for in the automation
- Proactively identifying and implementing areas for improvement to achieve greater process accuracy
- Building interactive dashboards that help visualize process performance and
- Supporting and mentoring ANZ team members on using SQL and automation skills where required.
- 2+ years of work experience in Software Engineering/Analytics/ Business Intelligence/ Statistical analysis or related experience is mandatory
- Exceptional Python knowledge and strong SQL background
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving, excel & data management skills
- Excellent Python knowledge. Experience in data extraction & wrangling
- Ability to self-serve, investigate, get the required data and expertise in data visualization/presentation
- Good communication and organization skills, with the ability to synthesize a lot of information quickly, highlight the key takeaways, and disseminate useful insights
- Ability to work with remote teams and across time zones to develop strategies and foster a cohesive and creative work environment
- Adept with libraries such as pandas, NumPy, Thrift, etc.
- Knowledge of Databases and ability to write SQL queries (Hive, Vertica, PostgreSQL)
- Knowledge in bash and shell scripting
- Working knowledge of APIs, web scrapers, and visualization packages such as Plotly, Matplotlib.
- Experience in web browser automation technologies (selenium, beautiful soup)
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
*Accommodations may be available based on religious and/or medical conditions, or as required by applicable law. To request an accommodation, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
See our Candidate Privacy Statement>
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada