Risk & Fraud Manager
About the Role
This is a great opportunity to join a fast growing business and fast growing team. As a Risk and Fraud Manager in JP Market Ops (Risk and Compliance Ops team) you will be pioneering new techniques every day to detect and counter bad actors in Japan who are constantly adapting and discovering new ways to abuse our platform.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in the identification of known as well as upcoming and emerging fraudulent patterns and methods, taking corrective actions to prevent financial loss to Uber. This is a highly analytical role, and this person will work closely with operation teams in Japan, as well as cross functionally with APAC regional Safety and Identity teams, APAC Payments and Fraud teams and headquarters-based engineering, product, and process teams.
---- What You Will Do ----
- Develop & Optimize processes - Scale new and existing fraud detection and prevention processes to decrease operational risks; Identify operational and product weaknesses and help improve or innovate new processes
- Coordinate execution - Coordinate with other members of the Product and Operations Teams to measure the impact and efficiency of new and existing rules, processes and policies - then, suggest and execute the required changes to improve the user experience based on data
- Analytics - Analyzing large sets of data in context of all known or emerging fraudulent patterns and build relevant dashboards to inform important strategic decisions, design and implement processes that improve fraud detection and prevention
- Strategy - Understand individual market needs while considering holistic direction to choose which projects the team should prioritize to optimize business impact
- Communications - Build, maintain, and communicate detailed reporting models to track and inform risk metrics and specific actions taken place. Be the point of contact and to provide support for escalations, questions and fraud related inbounds
- Be fast, resourceful, and take initiative. Take ownership of the fraud process and do everything you can to increase detection and prevention
---- Basic Qualifications ----
- 4+ years of work experience preferably in Risk/Fraud setup in the technology space
- Strong analytical skills. Insight creation. Preferred knowledge in statistics
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to thrive under pressure in an unstructured, fast paced environment
---- Preferred Qualifications ----
- Steller knowledge in Excel and SQL. Preferred experience with Python, R
- Preferred experience with fraud rule engines and creation of rules
- Understanding of human behavior and psychology beyond pure data.
- Extremely proactive, self starter mentality with strong organizational skills
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Diversity & Inclusion