Customer Service Specialist - Safety
About the Role
The role requires someone who can own and take ownership of a complete incident and not just a contact. The team does not deal with issues such as cancellation and route, but more in terms of a rider being harassed or a partner being assaulted.
What You'll Do
- Provide world class customer support through emails and phone calls for companies and their employees
- Work on critical safety incidents reported by riders and driver partners.
- Document all incidents on JIRA (The safety incident reporting feature)
- Collaborate with partners and work towards any solution ideal for the incident.
- Look into data on a WoW basis to check for trends and help in improving the support we provide for our riders and driver partners.
- Handle Social Media Escalations when someone reports on Facebook/Twitter regarding an incident where their safety was compromised.
- Handle ECR clients who were on the receiving end of a driver partner's wrong behavior.
- Help in improving processes so we always optimize for better customer experience. This involves communicating with high value clients and eye to retention in times of problems for the clients and companies
- Contribute to building the team and the organization for long term success
What You'll Need
- Ability to stay calm under high pressure situations
- Ability to document all incidents in detail
- Open to all modes of support (email, phone support)
- Strong eye for detail which includes identifying customer problems swiftly and accurately while solving queries as this can impact company relations
- Partner management
- Strong customer obsession attitude with evidence of taking independent and appropriate decisions for the customer
- Outstanding spoken and written English with the ability to speak and Japanese
- 6 months of experience and a phone support background
- CAST member would need an experience of 3 months
- Other COE LOB's need an experience of 6 months
Willingness to work in shifts (rotating day/night shifts, rotating weekend offs -- total working hours will be 40 hours a week, 5 days, 8 working hours each day)
* 7am - 4pm * 9am - 6pm * 10am - 7pm * 12:30pm - 9:30pm * 1pm - 10pm *Shifts will change according to business needs
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber's cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, and depending on the workplace location, Uber either requires* or recommends employees be vaccinated to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company's discretion.
- Accommodations may be available based on religious and/or medical conditions, or as required by applicable law. To request an accommodation, please reach out to email@example.com
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada