Manager II, Engineering Earner
About the Role:
The Earner Onboarding team is responsible for building a best-in-class onboarding experience that enables any earner to start earning with Uber, quickly and seamlessly. We work to set earners up for success from the beginning, and to motivate them along the way so that they can promptly complete all requirements and get on the road.You will be leading a team of talented backend and frontend engineers to improve the experience, speed and reliability of the earner onboarding funnel. Onboarding is the primary driver of supply growth for Uber. So, you will also be leading several Growth experiments to optimize the throughput of the funnel. In this role, you will closely partner with Product, Design, and Operations teams to deliver on these pillars:
- Automate the collection of earner requirements and reduce friction to get earners on the road quickly
- Assist and guide earners as they progress through the funnel
- Flexibly onboard earners to multiple earning opportunities across Rideshare, Delivery, Grocery as well as different cities and vehicle types.
- Motivate earners to complete onboarding requirements through personalization of their experience.
We also work to continuously improve the frontend and backend systems which power earner onboarding, to meet the technical challenges of the domain. Our systems must scale to support unique onboarding experiences for each of the cities and countries Uber operates in, as well as for Uber's various lines of business. We are developing and utilizing machine learning models to instantly analyze and provide feedback to earners on the documents we collect from them. We are also building intelligence in the funnel to personalize the experience for every earner who is coming to Uber.---- What the Candidate Will Do ----
- Define and execute on an ambitious product roadmap
- Lay out the technical vision for your area
- Develop and lead through the senior engineers on the team
- Collaborate closely with Product, Operations, Design, and other partners
---- Basic Qualifications ----
- Strong management and team development skills - ability to set roadmap and goals for a team and every one of its members, delegate intelligently, mentor engineers, deliver frequent and honest feedback, help team members grow in their careers, and deliver results.
- Good interpersonal skills, deep technical ability, and track record of successful execution.
- Experienced in team building, interviewing and hiring senior and junior engineers to grow the team.
---- Preferred Qualifications----
- Experience designing and implementing highly scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant services
- Ability to decompose sophisticated business problems into clean, extensible, performant services and systems
- Proven experience working collaboratively in cross-functional teams
- Full-stack engineering experience.
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Diversity & Inclusion