Senior Accountant - Insurance
In Finance, we work hand-in-hand with leaders across the company to ensure smooth, disciplined execution of strategic business objectives. Our Accounting team builds scalable, controlled processes and products for Global Accounting, Treasury, and FinTech that enable our business to operate efficiently.
About the Role
Uber is looking to hire a Senior Accountant, Insurance on the Accounting Operations team. This is a critical role that will assist with insurance accounting operations in a fast-paced, public environment. You will drive month-end close, craft key accounting processes, and work on projects to automate and facilitate best practices to ensure complete, accurate and timely accounting related to insurance activities and the Hawaiian stand-alone reinsurance captive. We are looking for a candidate with a strong accounting background that can use their current skills to work closely with the insurance team to build upon current processes.
What You'll Do
- Coordinate with Risk Management, Actuarial, Treasury, Finance, and other stakeholders on matters related to the Hawaii reinsurance captive
- Review (re)insurance and trust contracts to identify key financial impacts and rights/obligations
- Prepare fluctuation analyses to help management understand financial results for the Hawaii reinsurance captive
- Assist in managing month-end close, prepare journal entries, and review/prepare balance sheet reconciliations
- Track mileage based policies and account for premium expense accruals
- Own and maintain prepaid amortization schedules
- Maintain and record insurance losses paid activity against reserve accruals
- Research and identify cash transactions in to ensure compliance with accounting policies and coding accuracy
- Work closely with the outsourced Hawaiian accounting team
- Identify areas of improvement and assist with streamlining processes via automation (develop, test, and implement technology)
- Support external audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility
- 3+ Years of Professional Experience
- Captive insurance experience
- P&C insurance experience (P&C insurance company, or as an audit client)
- Public accounting, audit and/or working within high-tech corporate environment
- Experience with large-scale accounting systems (Oracle and HFM preferred)
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills (V-Lookups, Pivot Tables, etc.)
- Month-end close experience
- Experience performing technical insurance research
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Diversity & Inclusion