Senior Product Manager - Uber Direct - Growth/Access
About the Team
Join us in building Uber Direct, one of Uber's newest and fastest growing independent lines of business! Direct offers flexible delivery-as-a-service, powering on-demand, same-day, and longer-term scheduled deliveries in local markets around the globe. Some of the world's most recognizable brands use Uber Direct to power orders originating on their mobile apps or websites.
About the Role
Uber Direct currently sits at the intersection of many teams at Uber. You will be responsible for product vision and strategic decisions that impact multiple lines of business and will require a deep understanding of each team's technology visions, user requirements, and business priorities. The role will also be cross-cutting across all sides of the Uber marketplace (merchant, courier, marketplace, and the end customer, whether business or consumer)!
As the Product lead for Uber Direct Growth/Access, you will be responsible for scaling Direct's platform to accommodate any customer, of any size, in any market, with the fastest, most seamless go-to-market technology available.
You'll operate as a key decision maker, helping set the acquisition and growth strategy for the business, while also diving into the weeds. You will be critical in defining the underlying architecture powering the next generation of Direct capabilities, while simultaneously designing and building delightful user-facing sign-up and onboarding experiences.
What You'll Do
The Uber Direct world is vast, and we are only just getting started. This is a representative sampling of the areas you might be tackling on the team:
- Empower anybody from consumers to the largest enterprise merchants to create and complete Uber Direct trips in any country Uber operates in across the world
- Enable seamless Direct integration solutions for platforms of all types including B2B aggregators like Olo, ecommerce platforms like Shopify or Square, C2C marketplaces such as Facebook Marketplace, eBay, or Craigslist
- Design and build a frictionless Direct onboarding experience for Enterprises and SMBs alike
- Create a sustainable and differentiated end customer offering that makes delivery powered by Uber a ubiquitous product anyone can access when shopping on their favorite sites
- Minimum 5+ years experience delivering successful and innovative products with your fingerprints all over them
- Technical savviness. Can manifest in different ways: a computer science undergraduate degree, hands-on software engineering experience, or experiences building complex software products side by side with engineers. Technical understanding must go from the highest abstractions down to the metal
- Attention to detail. The ability to obsess over every single part of the delivery process, anywhere in the world
- Customer obsession. The ability to take on complex product challenges and find elegant, simplifying solutions, so they don't become our user's problems
- Finger-tippiness with data. You find a way to get the data you need and whip it into an insightful story with no help. You know how to leverage this data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis
- A high bar across the board -- from your own contributions to the people you work with, to the products you work on
- A true passion for Uber's mission, our products, and the company's hybrid technology/operations nature
- A never-ending desire to grow and learn
- Experience building products from 0-1
- Experience building highly technical entity structures/architecture
- Experience in B2B sign-up/onboarding optimization
- Owning and leading strategy for lines of business
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber's cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, Uber recommends all US- and Canada-based employees to be vaccinated in order to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company's discretion.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada