Senior Accountant - Intercompany
In Finance, we work hand-in-hand with leaders across the company to ensure smooth, disciplined execution of strategic business objectives. Our Accounting team builds scalable, controlled processes and products for Global Accounting, Treasury, and FinTech that enable our business to operate efficiently.
About the Role
We are looking to hire a Senior Accountant on the Global Intercompany Team to work on a multitude of projects and streamline processes. You will become a subject matter expert in multiple entity structuring, transfer pricing, intercompany and onshoring. You will act as a cross-functional business partner to implement automation and create improvements to optimize the month-end close. You should work well in a dynamic environment, be able to recommend and implement process improvements, work independently, and prioritize and deliver on tasks at hand.
What You'll Do
- Partner with cross-functional teams to execute changes in transfer pricing and other intercompany arrangements
- Maintain and update transfer pricing rules, as needed, within the in-house developed Uber Intercompany Subledger and run calculations
- Assist with various key projects such as business acquisitions and integrations, divestiture and systems implementations
- Drive continuous improvements and streamline processes
- Perform first level review of journal entries prepared by the Staff Accountant and our offshore resources
- Perform reconciliation of intercompany accounts and own process to settle intercompany balances
- Build an understanding of payment processing flows and revenue systems to assist with onshoring projects
- Perform fluctuation analyses on FX and communicate results to upper management
- 3+ Years of Professional Experience
- Public accounting, audit and/or working within high-tech corporate environment
- High attention to detail, critical thinking, problem-solving and analytical skills, combined with a good business judgment
- Experience with large-scale accounting systems (Oracle preferred)
- Team player, self-starter, with ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal skills, and positive attitude
- Experience reviewing work of others, including outsourced service providers
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and public company audit requirements
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills (V-Lookups, Pivot Tables, etc.)
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Diversity & Inclusion