Data Analyst II, Uber Eats Grocery Support
About the Role
The Uber Grocery Analyst on the Community Operations (CommOps) Global Analytics & Insights (A&I) team will work closely with product, data infrastructure and business teams to design, build and maintain important metrics which drive the business and lead deep analytical analyses to derive insights. You will work with a variety of business leaders across the growing Uber Grocery and New Verticals arms of Uber to manage project intake, prioritization, and execution on key priorities for the team!
The ideal candidate is an expert at working with heavy data sets, has experience with data visualization, and is passionate about data and analytics They will also have strong stakeholder management skills and the ability to build consensus by clearly communicating and presenting information. This career opportunity is a Hybrid role as well.
What You'll Do:
- Develop an in-depth understanding of CommOps' business performance and share strategic insights with senior leadership to influence decision making
- Translate ambiguous questions from CommOps' executives into data-driven recommendations
- Provide analytical thought leadership for big picture strategy projects; lead junior analysts to drive implementation
- Play a leadership role in developing and standardizing analytical tools; building executive level dashboards, frameworks and processes; to up-level and redefine analytically grounded decision making at all levels of the business
- Develop executive-level communications and presentations for Uber's senior leadership team
- 4+ years of experience in data analytics, business analytics, or a similar role
- SQL and other data scripting language experience
- BA/BS in Economics, Business, Engineering, Operations Research, STEM, or other quantitative focus (or equivalent work experience)
- MBA, Master's degree in quantitative fields
- Experience translating stakeholders' business goals to technical projects, including working with large datasets (SQL), building data visualizations, and mining product and operational insights
- Experience working with customer support or customer insights
- Comfort in working with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
About the Team
The Global A&I team is the central Analytics team for CommOps. We have three broad purposes - (1) Own CommOps' data integrity and quality, and metrics definitions and reporting, (2) Advise CommOps leadership's priorities by generating high-value analytical insights, and we (3) Support CommOps global teams' A&I needs. Our projects are typically broad in scope, which means there is tremendous opportunity to make a huge impact on the business
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber's cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, Uber recommends all US- and Canada-based employees to be vaccinated in order to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company's discretion.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada