APAC Head of Media
About the role
The Head of Media, APAC, is responsible for managing and overseeing media planning and execution of all brand-led paid media activities for Uber and Uber Eats, owning annual media strategies and plans through collaboration with product, brand and marketing teams. They will be the primary interface between the brand team, media agencies, and global in-house team. This role will be responsible for all media activities across offline and digital; and accountable for managing the annual brand spends as well as driving long-term deals and operating efficiencies. In addition, this role will be the senior most employee responsible for media agency relationships across APAC.
What You'll Do
- Lead annual planning process rooted in Strategic Communications Planning and Consumer Journeys
- Facilitate media and agency processes, ensuring smooth deployment, execution and performance tracking
- Track and ensure media budgets across all APAC markets are managed effectively and efficiently
- Liaise with product and brand teams to aid in development of strong media plans for large campaigns tied to key business priorities
- Working with APAC agencies, develop campaign plans to cover online and offline media including TV, Print, Radio, outdoor, digital as well as ensure competitive benchmarking within and outside of the category
- Be responsible for the entire process from briefing through to development and execution of a plan with media agencies
- Set clear campaign goals and deliveries along with relevant stakeholders across brand, product marketing and social
- Working with agency and internal teams to ensure all campaigns have learnings agency and deep measurement plans attached in addition to comprehensive tracking
- Work collaboratively with all media partners, both on and offline
- Manage key digital JBP partners (Google, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat) in markets to ensure delivery of JBP deal points
- Drive innovation and industry-leading media activations
- Work in conjunction with local Performance Marketing Operations to ensure consistency in messaging and creative across shared projects.
- Bring and translate strategic digital expertise into further accelerating our best in class media practices
What You'll Need
- 10-15 years of media planning and buying experience across offline and digital
- Deep familiarity with the APAC media landscape
- Deep understanding of integrated marketing experience and the role digital plays in consumer journeys
- The ability to clearly articulate and defend media recommendations and results to team members and management through exceptional writing and presentation skills
- Strong industry relations across media partners - Digital and offline
- Great Negotiation skills/experience
- A keen eye for detail and a strong bias for action
- Ability to operate and succeed in an ever-changing environment
Bonus points if..
- Flexible, with the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment.
- A highly engaged 'right' brain, to drive great creative thinking on media
- Hands-on use of all digital media platforms & channels
- Previous experience working in a globally-led organization, with regional nuances
- Previous experience working in a matrixed organization
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Diversity & Inclusion