Senior Machine Learning Engineer
About the Role
The Discovery is responsible for the end-to-end experience of the Feed and Search surfaces on the UberEats app. The group's mission is to build a reliable, scalable, and personalized platform to enable effortless discovery of food, groceries, pharmacy, and other verticals for consumers everywhere. As the world moves towards high adoption of delivery services, we believe that effortless discovery will be one of the biggest product differentiators in the years to come.
The group owns and operates business-critical backend services, search engines, knowledge graphs and several machine learning models, and hundreds of data pipelines that feed and monitor the models.
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
- Analyze, Design and Develop innovative machine learning based solutions to to problem areas that are fundamental to Uber's business (Search, Home Feed, Recommendations, Personalization)
- Partner with Product Management, Data Science, Infrastructure teams to develop ML systems and models
- Build Ranking and Personalization models to serve UberEats Search and Recommendation needs
- Build a User and Content Knowledge base that act as the basis for prediction, classification and ranking of anything in UberEats
---- Basic Qualifications ----
- 4+ years of industry experience, or a relevant Masters Degree/Ph.D. in a relevant technical field with 2+ years of industry experience
- Strong understanding of theory and practice in Machine Learning and AI
- Experience with production systems at scale, including search, personalization, recommender systems or knowledge graphs
- Proficiency in Python, Golang, Java or other relevant programming languages
Strong modeling skills and applied experience with Pytorch, Tensorflow, Caffe2 or relevant frameworks
- Experience with any of the following: Spark, Hive, Kafka, Cassandra - Good to have
- Research experience or deep understanding of one of the following: Semantic Search, Natural Language Processing, Lexical Search, Information Retrieval, Reinforcement Learning Personalization Techniques and Recommendation Models,
- Ability to work with ambiguous problem definitions.
- Ability to innovate and add value on top of existing solutions, as well as break new ground with inventive solutions.
- Proven track record of software artifacts or academic publications in applied machine learning
- Ability to deliver end-to-end solutions, including data preparation, training, and deployment
- Proven ability to communicate technical knowledge to a business audience
- Collaborative attitude and constructive approach
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Diversity & Inclusion