Sr. Data Engineer - Safety
About the Role
As a Data Engineer at Uber, you will be a member of Uber's first Tech Center in Latin America! We are working at Uber's core platform, focused on sophisticated technologies to improve safety around the world, such as advanced telematics, machine learning, high scale distributed systems, real time data processing and mobile development, among others.
What You Will Do
- Design and own architecture that spans across Uber's stack and multiple parts of the Safety organization
- Partner with fellow engineers to innovate, architect, develop and scale Safety's product and data platform solutions that impact millions of Uber riders and drivers
- Work with Product Managers and Designers to nail core Safety user experiences
- Develop algorithms and statistical models that power Uber's sensor inferences at scale by extracting signals and identifying patterns from vast amounts of sensor data
- Drive ongoing efficiency and reliability improvements through design and automation: availability, performance, scaling, monitoring and capacity.
- Lead upstream and downstream dependencies, collaborate with other engineering teams, capture requirements, evolve solutions and enable successful adoption
- Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, related field or equivalent practical experience
- Solid experience as a Data Engineer
- Ability to learn new programming languages and technologies. We use Go, Java, Scala and Python
- Advanced English (oral & written).
What the Candidate Will Do
- Passion for learning new skills and working on high-impact products and excellent record for shipping high-quality product features on schedule.
- Experience in working on large-scale distributed systems. We use Hadoop/HDFS, Spark, Kafka, Samza, Cassandra, Hive and more
- Data-driven architecture and systems design.
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Diversity & Inclusion