Senior Frontend Engineer - Observability
About the Role
The Observability team operates at the critical intersection of services and infrastructure. Our platform powers all Uber services, ensures alerting, logging at scale. Team builds technology to accelerate fast-growing company in history. Observability applications team builds end to end experiences for engineers at all levels: alerting, troubleshooting, on-call experience, incident management, reporting.
What You'll Do:
- Work with the most talented engineers to create observability experience enriched with data and actionable recommendations
- Build and drive product vision, architecture and strategy
- Closely engage with product users to understand needs, sponsor adoption
What You'll Need:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent experience.
- Sound understanding of distributed system fundamentals.
- 6+ years of experience for interactive web applications (for frontend engineers)
- Systematic problem solving approach and knowledge of algorithms, data structures and complexity analysis.
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with a relational database (MySQL, PostgreSQL).
- Grit, drive and a strong sense of ownership coupled with an appetite for collaboration!
Nice to Have:
- Experience with full stack development.
- Experience with data engineering, data pipelines, big data systems, data science, SQL, analytics.
- Go (developed at Google) for backend services.
- MySQL, Hadoop / Hive / Presto and Cassandra for data storage.
- Thrift (developed at Facebook) for the API layer.
- Python (including ML libraries) for data pipelining and analytics.
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Diversity & Inclusion