Data Analyst III - A&R
About the Team:
The COE Analytics & Reporting team is responsible to build and maintain, daily, weekly and monthly reporting to the COE. One of the responsibilities of the COE A&R team is to detect optimization opportunities and work on process improvement using the six-sigma or kaizen method.
The team works in synergy with site operations in the COE, together with Workforce, Quality and Learning, guaranteeing results of the COE and consequently the highest service level for our riders, driver partners, eaters and couriers. The work that is done by the team is mostly investigative and is expected to bring insightful results, which can be implemented to optimize daily operations and also sometimes adaptable to apply regionally or globally. Review data models and queries while performing weekly and ad hoc data analysis is one of the key responsibilities to keep the nerve center of our operations engine running at full speed.
About the Role:
You will help support strategic decision making processes through your analytics, heavy data driven approach, and operational mindset. The ideal candidate for this role should have strong analytical skills, excellent time-management, priority setting and organizational habits, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information to seek buy-in.
What you will Do:
- Drive analysis on projects and important strategic decisions improving the experience for our driver partners and riders
- Coordinate with other members of the Community Operations team to measure the impact and efficiency of new products and business processes
- Build, and maintain detailed models/dashboards for city-level, regional, and global reporting
- Develop analytical frameworks to support the company in new markets and products
- Identify operational weaknesses and help improve or innovate new processes to keep support teams as efficient as possible
What you will Need:
- Proficient in SQL and Hive querying.
- Knowledge of R and Python is a plus.
- Ability is perform basic Statistical analysis
- Exceptional Analytical, problem solving, Excel and data management skills
- Strong communication and organization skills, with the ability to synthesize a lot of information quickly, highlight the key takeaways, and disseminate actionable insights
- Ability to work with remote teams and across time zones to develop strategies and foster a cohesive and creative work environment
- Ability to self-serve, investigate, get the required data and expertise in data visualization/presentation
- 2 years of work experience in Analytics/ Business Intelligence/ Statistical analysis or related experience is mandatory
Preferred Experience and Skills:
2 years of work experience in Analytics/ Business Intelligence/ Statistical analysis or related experience is mandatory
Internal Hire Experience and Skills:
Exceptional spoken and written English
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Diversity & Inclusion