Sr Data Scientist - Uber for Business
The Uber for Business (U4B) team strives to bring the power of Uber to Organizations, their Employees, and Customers. We are growing rapidly in a number of business areas and look to expand the Science team!
What you will Do
As a Data Scientist you will have the opportunities to work on exciting growth problems, build new products to cater use cases for business users, and improve product experiences. You will be responsible for:
- Identifying new opportunities and shaping the product roadmap through data insights.
- Guiding product development through experiments and deep dives.
- Build science solutions to critical business problems.
- Define and measure success for the whole team.
- M.S. or Bachelors degree in Math, Economics, Bioinformatics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or other quantitative fields.
- If M.S. degree, a minimum of 3+ years of industry experience required and if Bachelor's degree, 5+ years of proven experience as a Data Scientist or equivalent
- 3+ proven experience with Excel and some dashboarding/data visualization (i.e. Tableau, Mixpanel, Looker, or similar)
- Excellent SQL skills and experience in at least one scripting language (Python or R preferred)
- Solid understanding of experimental design (such as A/B experiments)
- Ability to design, implement, and supervise core metrics to analyze the performance of our products
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to translate ambiguous, unstructured problems into concrete data-driven analyses
- Strong planning and project management skills
- Advanced degree in applied mathematics, statistics, actuarial science, economics or related field
What You'll Need
- 6+ years proven experience in consumer facing product analytics
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Advance in statistical methods such as causal Inference.
- Tech lead experience is a plus
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Diversity & Inclusion