People Operations Manager EMEA
In People & Places, we handle all things people-related so our employees around the globe are empowered to do their best work. Our People Operations team manages People processes; including onboarding, contingent workforce, and the Employee Help Center.
About the Team
Uber's People Experience and Operations team ensures that our global employee population has a phenomenal experience at Uber, from onboarding onwards. We're the crossroad between the different People functional areas, the generalist who know the answers to employee questions, and if not, how to connect people who do.
Based around the world, we take care of the employee experience and improve our people systems and processes, thinking globally and acting locally to ensure employees across Uber can focus on the work they were hired to do.
About the Role
In this role, you will be joining our People Operations Team as a manager, leading all aspects of a wide range of processes and countries across Europe and Middle East & Africa. Together with 3-5 team members reporting to you.
As a regional People Operations Manager you will also represent Uber in relationship with the various vendors we work with within this space. You will make sure that our vendors are understanding our Uber culture and help our employees in a way that makes them feel supported at all times. Whilst having the vendor's processes work together seamlessly with our Uber processes and compliance standards.
As a part of our team, you are a problem solver who sees opportunities for optimization and automation, using data where you can. You like to get into the details of various processes and you excel at networking with all partners involved.
You will be based in Amsterdam.
What You'll Do
- Supervise employee experience metrics and standard operational measurements throughout the month - trend analysis
- Develop team members
- Lead projects with regional or global impact (e.g. set-up new processes, optimize existing practices, etc)
- Represent Uber in relationship with the various vendors we work with within the People Operations space, explore and drive opportunities to use this model in other cities
- Drive compliance initiatives
What You'll Need
The ideal candidate is dedicated, organized, and passionate about continually tinkering to make the overall process and experience better for all employees. A successful candidate will be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and adapt as new priorities come up. Outstanding interpersonal skills and attention to detail are key attributes!
Skills and Experiences
- 3-5 years of prior experience in a People/HR Operations role at a high-growth tech startup or a large, well-established company
- 2-3 years+ People Management Experience
- 3 years+ operational vendor management experience
- Customer-centric: you can facilitate tailoring services and solutions to different customer needs
- Project Management: experience working with Agile methodology is a plus as well as with different project planning tools (e.g. Asana)
- Data-driven mentality: capable to run analysis and/or understand data and transform it into relevant insights, help your team to understand and drive their critical metrics
- Professional proficiency in English and second language preferred
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber's cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, and depending on the workplace location, Uber either requires* or recommends employees be vaccinated to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company's discretion.
- Accommodations may be available based on religious and/or medical conditions, or as required by applicable law. To request an accommodation, please reach out to email@example.com
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada