Engineering Manager II
About the Role
This is a unique opportunity for a seasoned manager and strong leader who can work with talented people in product, design, data science, operations, and engineering to help build our next-generation consumer experience products. It's a very high impact role where you will interface with all major product & platform teams at Uber. The role requires strong communication, leadership and technical chops.
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
---- What the Candidate Will Do ----
- You shall build & operationalize products that fulfills the demand side of rider request with the 3rd-party supply.
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders to determine product roadmap that aligns with the broader company vision
- Be responsible for roadmap execution and delivery of projects with high quality
- Grow, coach, and develop a team of software engineers
- Recruit high-quality engineering talent for the team
- Help define the engineering culture and uphold the processes that will shape the future of the team
---- Basic Qualifications ----
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or a related field
- 7+ years of full-time engineering experience
- Experience as a technical leader and manager for at least 4+ years.
- Experience leading engineering teams in parallel execution against high-stakes business goals and extensive engineering priorities.
- Experience partnering across functions and organizational boundaries to effectively advocate for team, business, and company priorities.
- A strong ability to architect and design robust, high-scale systems and to challenge engineers to think bigger and more generically in developing their solutions.
---- What the Candidate Will Do ----
- Experience in leading a full-stack engineering team with experience in delivering mobile apps.
- A well-developed ability to grow leaders, both engineers, and managers.
- A strong business sense and ability to challenge and partner with product managers and business stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and analytical ability. We need someone who can quantitatively analyze the business value of engineering decisions and articulate a narrative about their importance.
- Experience in supply chain, logistics, and third party integrations
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber's cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, and depending on the workplace location, Uber either requires* or recommends employees be vaccinated to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company's discretion.
- Accommodations may be available based on religious and/or medical conditions, or as required by applicable law. To request an accommodation, please reach out to email@example.com
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada