Senior Software Engineer - U4B Machine Learning Team
About the Role
Uber for Business (U4B) is one of the fastest-growing businesses at Uber. We are working to make Uber the best choice for business transportation & meals by making the transportation & eating experience delightful and stress-free for business users. We aim to achieve this by building a platform that makes it easy for businesses to adopt and scale Uber as their default choice for employees, clients and customers. We directly impact Uber's top line and you will see the impact of your work reflected in Uber's earning report, such as gross booking and trips.
As a member of the U4B ML Team you will partner with stakeholders across all Uber to design, develop, optimize, and productionize Machine Learning (ML) or ML-based solutions and systems that are used to solve complex problems with multiple dependencies. This role also leads team efforts to leverage and improve ML infrastructure for model development, training, deployment needs and scaling ML systems. In short, you will collaborate with the top data scientists and engineers at Uber to build state-of-the-art ML-based solutions on Uber's state-of-the-art ML platform.
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
---- What the Candidate Will Do ----
- Design, develop, optimize, and productionize machine learning (ML) or ML-based solutions that deliver a delightful and stress-free experience for business users.
- Lead efforts across U4B and Uber that deliver meaningful results across engineering, product and data science. Work in close collaboration with product managers, engineers, and data scientists to ship useful and fabulous experiences to our customers
- Go-to person to lead an end-to-end product development cycle. Get clarity of problem statements from designers and product managers, break projects into meaningful tasks, and deliver the project with metrics and datas with fellow engineers.
- Be a humble mentor and trusted advisor for both our hardworking team members and passionate leaders alike. Deal with a difference in opinions in a mature and fair way, helping teams to commit and move forward.
---- Basic Qualifications ----
- 4+ years relevant engineering experience in successfully designing and building large scale, highly available and reliable engineering systems addressing real world challenging problems.
- Strong software engineering skills, supported by 4+ years of industry experience in one or more programming languages (e.g., Golang, Python, C++, Java) and eagerness to learn more.
- Demonstrated experience shipping high-quality product features on schedule and instill a high level of engineering excellence culture (e.g., code reviews, documentation, unit and integration testing).
- Proven track record of technically leading and mentoring engineering teams delivering high impact projects and inspiring junior engineers to grow.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write detailed technical documents.
---- What the Candidate Will Do ----
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience developing scalable ML architecture
- Experience with feature engineering and feature management
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Diversity & Inclusion