Software Engineer - Cadence
About the Role
The Cadence team is looking for a strong software engineer to join our team! You will be developing and maintaining an open source, cutting edge workflow orchestration engine powering more than 600 critical use cases at Uber and many other major companies outside of Uber.
To get more information about cadence you can visit our most recent meetup videos (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6H9Jsq4ZQ74g8coDgJu9ZA/videos) or check our website (https://cadenceworkflow.io/).
What You'll Do:
- Contribute to an open source project used by many major companies
- Write code to build new features to support more use cases
- Develop detailed design documents
- Improve onboarding, observability and operability experiences for Cadence
What You'll Need:
- Experience in multiple programming languages, e.g. Go, Java or C++
- Full-stack infrastructure knowledge.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to gather requirements and draft detailed design documents.
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related engineering field. Masters/Ph.D. preferred.
- 2+ years of relevant software engineering experience
Nice to Haves:
- Excellent coding skills with a high bar for quality and scalability
- Understanding of distributed systems and a good understanding of its fundamentals
- Familiarity with Kafka, ElasticSearch, key-value stores (e.g. Cassandra), metrics collection systems like
- Experience with Thrift, gRPC, protobuf
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Diversity & Inclusion