Warehouse Operations Manager, Uber Eats Market
About the Role
With New Verticals, we're building Uber's fastest growing business. Global in scope, with a focus on our largest potential grocery and other new verticals markets, the team is responsible for all grocery and new verticals operations/sales/strategy across markets. This scrappy, nimble and high performing team is tasked with building a sustainable high growth business as we expand from restaurants to other high growth verticals. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward together.
We are looking for a passionate, committed, and flexible Warehouse Operations Manager to drive the success of Uber Eats Market, our newest line of business. This role will be responsible for building a crucial growth initiative with impact on the long-term strategy of the business as a whole. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to test and define a brand-new business model that has the potential to scale rapidly within Japan.
What You'll Be:
- A strategic partner to warehouse staff and the Operations team to support the growth of the Japan dark grocery business, translating global vision into a locally inspiring strategy and plan.
- Accountable for driving financial results and key business metrics including but not limited to daily orders, delivery time, order conversion, and warehouse fixed costs.
- Leader on a new and globally supported pilot from day one. As we scale, you will be the subject matter expert on your functional area, and the go-to resource for best practices within the team.
- Flexible and high energy day-to-day. The team will work on previously uncharted tasks, and you will need to be agile and adaptable to unfamiliar situations. No task is beneath you, but you do not hesitate to challenge existing processes.
- A strategic advocate for the long-term vision. You will be a key member of a lean team and will need to advocate amongst cross-functional stakeholders for support and resourcing in order to achieve ambitious targets.
What You'll Do:
- Launch and operate micro-distributed warehouse operations for Uber Eats Market, our dark grocery store business in Japan.
- Build and implement foundational warehouse processes and systems, coordinate day-to-day operations of warehouse management with the Merchandising & Procurement and Central Operations teams.
- Hire and train staff on standard operating procedures, warehouse management systems.
- Work with the Merchandising & Procurement team to strengthen inventory forecasting and buyer ops processes
- Work closely with warehouse staff to optimize warehouse operations efficiencies and drive achievement of individual KPIs.
- Ensure compliance with local food safety regulations and implement quality control measures.
- Help define and execute on expansion strategy
What You'll Need:
- A proven track record: Minimum 5+ years of warehouse or operations management in a dynamic environment preferably in the consumer industry. Previous experience in grocery and FMCG retailers, especially experience with fresh items, is a huge plus.
- A self-starter who thrives in ambiguity: Launching a new business model isn't easy, and there isn't an existing plan for you to follow. You'll have the support of your manager and cross-functional partners, but you'll need to be the one driving this forward autonomously.
- A willingness to 'get into the weeds' and a continuous improvement attitude: You'll be as comfortable in the office as you are in the warehouse. You won't get it right on day 1, or week 1, or month 1... However, by being in the details and deeply understanding all aspects of the business' operations, you'll be best placed to advise and execute on improvement opportunities.
- Native Japanese language ability
Nice to have:
- Business proficiency in English
- Proficiency in SQL
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber's cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, and depending on the workplace location, Uber either requires* or recommends employees be vaccinated to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company's discretion.
- Accommodations may be available based on religious and/or medical conditions, or as required by applicable law. To request an accommodation, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada