Public Policy Sr. Associate, Northern Europe
Public Policy Sr. Associate, Northern Europe and New Mobility Products
About Policy at Uber
Our Public Policy team is responsible for working with policymakers, regulators, and third parties to make the positive case for Uber as a platform and explain its value to society. We aim to build lasting relationships with decision-makers so they understand the benefits of our services and allow us to grow our offering.
The Policy team sits at the core of Uber. We constantly interact with all lines of business and functions to make sure our positions are perfectly aligned with the company's priorities.
About this role
We are creating an exciting new role in our Policy team, combining on-the-ground policy work in our Northern Europe region with a regional responsibility to help build our policy capability in Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) for Uber's rapidly expanding Hailables products (Taxis, Auto rickshaws, and Motorbike taxis). The role will report into the Policy Director for France and Northern Europe and will have a strong dotted line into the cross-functional Hailables (new mobility products) team.
You will work in one of the world's most-talked about tech companies and on some of the most complex public affairs assignments that exist. The role will be based in Amsterdam, our EMEA HQ, and will involve:
Working with our Head of Northern Europe Policy to further our policy agenda in the region to (50%):
- Develop and execute a Public Policy and Government Affairs strategy for all lines of business within Uber for the Benelux and Nordic regions;
- Keep a close eye on trends, debates, and policy developments across the region.
Working closely with the EMEA and global Hailables teams to (50%):
- Set the stage for the successful launch and operation of Uber's rapidly growing Hailables portfolio across EMEA by shaping policy strategy for the region;
- Provide counsel and expertise on policy issues in relation to Hailables products across the region
- Support regional and local Policy leads to further the interest of Hailables by creating relevant materials and supporting arguments, developing product narratives, coordinating on key issues, and preparing for policy engagements;
- Keep a close eye on trends, debates and policy developments as they relate to Hailables across Europe, the Middle East, and Africa.
What we're looking for
- A quick problem solver and great advocate: We operate in multiple policy fields and at the crossroads of many complex regulatory environments. You must be able to immerse yourself quickly into many new topics and should possess the ability to articulate arguments clearly and simply.
- A team-player: Success at Uber depends on the ability to organize different teams around shared goals. This role will be working with team members across the entire company. We're looking for a well-organized and autonomous person who enjoys working with others to get things done quickly, and who has the ability to build trusting and long-lasting relationships internally and externally.
- A willingness to learn and grow: Uber is a fast-paced environment where no day is the same, but where you are guaranteed to learn a lot and gain valuable working experience. We are looking for someone who is able to work with uncertainty and under pressure and is quick on their feet.
Ideally you would have around 8 years experience working with decision-makers and managing policy issues, either for a company, a third party, or in government. Fluency in English (oral and written) is essential, and fluent French (or Swedish) would be a strong plus. Experience in the fields of mobility, tech, and future of work challenges is an advantage.
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Diversity & Inclusion