Data Scientist, Payments
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use every day. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing the local economy and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world. We ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion!
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the Role
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our Payments Data Science & Analytics team, and make significant contributions to our mission to streamline and optimize Uber's payment experience. You will shape the direction of Uber's payment experience by analyzing vast quantities of data to gather insights, identify opportunities, and ultimately prioritize product and engineering initiatives. In this role, you will work closely with senior leaders in Product, Data Science, Engineering, and Operations on fast-moving, high-stakes problems. A deep analytical passion and the ability to execute on key business priorities are a must for this role.
What You'll Do
- Analyze vast data assets to understand our payment experiences and identify opportunities for improving the overall user experience..
- Monitor strategic KPIs and understand all underlying drivers in close partnership with product managers and engineering.
- Design experiments and analyze the impact of proposed and actual product changes.
- Collaborate with Product Management and business leadership in making product and business decisions based on data insights and experiment results.
- Collaborate with applied scientists and engineers to build and improve on the availability, integrity, accuracy, and reliability of our core and data products.
What You'll Need
- M.S. or Bachelors degree in Math, Economics, Bioinformatics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or other quantitative fields. t)
- Advanced SQL expertise and basic knowledge of Python
- Good understanding and experience in experimental design (such as A/B experiments) and statistical methods
- Ability and experience in extracting insights from data, and summarizing learnings / takeaways
- Experience with Python, Excel and some dashboarding/data visualization (i.e. Tableau, Mixpanel, Looker, or similar)
- Strong storytelling ability - able to build effective visualizations to communicate data to key decision-makers.
- Curiosity to learn and adapt to new methodologies for data collection and analysis.
- Ability to work in a self-guided manner and deliver on tight timelines and prioritize tasks while maintaining quality and detail.
- Superb communication and organization skills.
- Prior experience within the payments industry is strongly desirable.
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Diversity & Inclusion