LATAM Competitive Strategy Operations Manager
About the Role
As Competitive Strategy Manager for the Central Operations team you will play an active role designing, implementing and managing the incentives and pricing strategy to drive the ridesharing business growth across multiple territories in Latin America!
You will work with our local teams crafting the roadmap for the next generation of marketplace pricing and incentives products, managing large investments and supervising the rides business performance in the region. This role requires a strong eye for business, as well as analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
What the Candidate Will Do
- Outline and implement the incentives and pricing strategy in multiple LATAM territories according to the overall business strategy
- Build and supervise metrics to ensure business performance and investments efficiency, and support our decision making process with a analytical approach
- Drive data analysis and experiments to find opportunities to grow the ride's business in LATAM, increasing riders and drivers engagement with the platform through effective incentives and pricing strategies
- Build and maintain close relationships with HQ product and local teams, assertively communicating and presenting ideas, findings and insights to assist and guide the decision making process, ensuring alignment with global business objectives
- Coordinate projects with our cross-functional teams to improve processes and tools, according to the overall investments strategy
- Create dashboards and reports to regularly communicate experimental results and ad-hoc deep dives, and monitor benchmarks to support partners' decision making process
- Strong eye for business and problem-solving skills
- Data-driven mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- Demonstrated experience interpreting and presenting data to various audiences; ability to translate quantitative findings into action plans
- Experience working closely and presenting effectively with internal and external partners in a constantly evolving, rapid growth environment with tight deadlines!
- Resilience and ability to take initiative in our constantly-changing work environment
- SQL + Basic Statistics knowledge and a passion for data needed
- English proficiency
- Spanish and Portuguese is a plus
- Python, R, or any other scripting language is a bonus
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Diversity & Inclusion