Software Engineer II - Financial Products
About the role:
Collaborates with stakeholders within the team to build and maintain backend services and solutions to support user-facing products, downstream services, or infrastructure tools and platforms used across Uber.
About the Team:
The mission of the Financial Product team is to enable magical customer experiences, build foundational, reliable, and scalable systems that abstract complexity of money movement, account management, payment service providers, and ledger functionalities in building and growing financial products that impacts outcomes of both Spenders & Earners at Uber.
The Finprod engineering team is responsible for providing infrastructure to support financial products catering to both the Spenders and Earners (Drivers & Couriers) and world class products like Uber Cash, Gift cards, Credits and many others. In 2021 alone, the platform team was responsible for managing $1.31+ billion in assets while continuing to maintain the availability in 4 9's. Finprod engineering is one of the critical teams at Uber that helps to unlock the potential of future financial products innovation.
As a Finprod engineer, you will be responsible for building reliable, scalable distributed systems. You will:
- Design and develop platform solutions to enable and support the growth of financial products
- Build highly performant distributed systems focusing on high reliability and low latency.
- Work with the cross-functional teams (product engineers, EMs, PMs, analysts) in building platform solutions.
- Lead and mentor the junior engineers for high engineering standards
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field OR 1-year full-time Software Engineering work experience, WHICH INCLUDES 1-year total technical software engineering experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Programming language (e.g. C, C++, Java, Python, or Go)
- Note the 1-year total of specialized software engineering experience may have been gained through education and full-time work experience, additional training, coursework, research, or similar (OR some combination of these). The year of specialized experience is not necessarily in addition to the years of Education & full-time work experience indicated.
- Scalability engineering
- Distributed systems
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Diversity & Inclusion