Program Lead - Content Strategy & Operations
About the Role
In this role, you'll lead a team of 2-3 content strategists who are responsible for designing and delivering high impact content strategy projects across all lines of business. You will partner closely with the US&C Line of Business (LOB) teams to ensure Content supports business initiatives and the Digital Strategy team to make content elevates the end-to-end customer support experience.
If you're someone who knows how to build a strategic roadmap, design and implement content strategy projects, and solve problems using content as a strategic level, we'd love to hear from you !
What You'll Do
- Set the vision and be responsible for the strategic roadmap for the US&C Content Strategy team
- Lead, motivate, and develop a small team of content strategists
- Ensure that the team delivers on Content KPIs; accountable for quality, compliance, content governance, and consistent and timely delivery of projects
- Set vision for large-scale content audits and Partner with Global Content team to deliver pivotal initiatives
- Share and implement best practices across mega-region content teams
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders across CommOps and the broader Uber organization
- Oversee team hiring, onboarding, coaching, and performance management
- Develop best-in-class team culture and establish a positive and collaborative working environment
- 8+ years of experience in writing/editing, content strategy, or digital strategy role, with at least 2 of those years managing people
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, Advertising or other communications-related field; or equivalent experience
- Basic data analysis skills, including building charts and using data to make recommendations
- Deep understanding and demonstrated experience leading content strategy in a fast-paced digital environment for a broad user audience
- Experience leading teams
- Experience with content design, information-architecture concepts, and CX content best-practices
- Experience with Customer Support content or other direct-to-consumer digital content strategies
- Experience setting the vision for and overseeing editorial-review calendars
- Advanced familiarity with Chicago Manual of Style; demonstrated experience working with in-house style guides
- Experience working within multiple Content Management and Knowledge Management Systems
- A demonstrated ability to manage effectively, set team goals, and develop people to their highest levels of performance
- Passion for coaching, leading, and developing teams
- Experience defining, tracking, and reporting on content metrics; ability to communicate this effectively to the team
- Sophisticated communication; respectful negotiation skills
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical chops
- Organized and process-oriented for the long view; capable of burst capacity and ability to shift quickly between projects when necessary
- Ability to be an Uber brand and voice standard-bearer and advocate
- Grace and patience in Uber's fast-paced, evolving landscape
- Previous experience working in global-local business
About the Team
The Content Strategy & Operations team sits within the US & Canada Central Community Operations (CommOps) organization and is responsible for internal and external support content strategy, which includes: Help Center, Agent Knowledge Base, Agent Saved Replies, and Automated Content (self-serve flows, chatbots, and automated messaging responses)
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Diversity & Inclusion