Senior Business Development Manager, Autonomous Mobility & Delivery Partnerships
About the Role
Uber's Global Business Development team develops and manages partnerships across Uber's Mobility, Delivery, and Freight business units. Uber is seeking a Business Development (Partnerships) Manager to join our BD team to focus on forging partnerships for our business units across the robotics and autonomous vehicle value chain!
Successful candidates will bring a dynamic combination of intellectual rigor and emotional awareness, maturity, an ability to think strategically and implement tactically, and interpersonal skills to enhance value in partnership negotiations and contracting. You enjoy building strategy and structure amid ambiguity, you enjoy operating independently while still remaining connected to your team and a broad set of internal teams! Carrying out complex and multifaceted deals connected to the core of Uber's business requires considered internal alignment; senior executives and cross-functional collaborators will support your deal strategy and execution because they remain convinced your deals and deal structures are right for the business. Understanding that some partners may also intend to be future competitors, you will be able to advocate internally for a prospective partner's needs and concerns with empathy and a presumption of positive intent, while also safeguarding Uber's interests and securing future value for the business.
What You'll Do:
- Lead complex, multifaceted deals with prospective partners across the robotics and autonomous vehicle spaces
- Be a strategic thought partner to team members in different parts of the business, working closely with Ops and Product leadership to formulate strategy and identify how to drive impact through partnerships
- Build consensus behind deal strategy and timely support for deal execution across diverse internal audiences, from senior executives to cross-functional team members
- Lead the development of long term, mutually beneficial relationships with senior executives of current and prospective partners.
- Define the right balance between practicability and securing value across a long time horizon
- Refine strategy deal frameworks through negotiation based on Uber goals, partner goals, and industry and partner situations.
- Bachelor's degree
- A minimum of 6 years of experience
- 8+ years of experience in business/corporate development
- Direct experience in strategy consulting, investment banking, venture capital, private equity
- Exposure to large tech companies, automotive OEMs, advanced technologies
- Experience building new business units or companies, working on projects with high degrees of ambiguity.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to combine business, strategy, finance and legal concepts to lead complex, multi-faceted deals
- Ability to work cross functionally with many other roles and collaborators in the company
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills that allow you to build trust and navigate intense negotiations to secure Uber's interests with partners, and adeptly lead the cross-functional coordination (product, local operations, engineering, finance, legal) required to implement deals
- High standards and a bias toward action. You can find the context and information you need through relationships across the organization, you push for clarity and delivery, and you hold a high bar from your contributions and those of the people you work with.
Please refer to this role on our careers page for more details on your total compensation and benefits package. You can get there by clicking 'apply' if you're not already on our careers site.
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Diversity & Inclusion