Eater & Growth Manager
About the Role
The Caribbean, Central & South America Eater & Growth team's mission is to enable efficient eater acquisition, retention and engagement while improving experience in the CASA region!
The Eater & Growth Manager role is a strategic position dedicated to craft and complete key strategic projects for the entire region. This role calls for a combination of analytics, an ability to operationalize processes in a fast paced environment, good team member management and partnership!
What You'll Do
- Defining and completing strategic projects related to Eater & Growth for the region
- Conducting experiments and drawing insights
- Working closely with our operations team to grow our business and overcome challenges
- Prioritizing sophisticated problems and deriving integral solutions based on robust analysis
- Building and developing positive relationships with cross-functional and regional teams in order to give to the long-term growth of the territory while building a global network
What You'll Need
- +3 years of experience with proven record of solving analytical problems
- English and Spanish professional proficiency
- Must have very strong analytical skills and business sense
- SQL knowledge is a plus. Must be willing to learn SQL if it is not a skill they own yet
- Experience with partner management and cross-functional projects
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Diversity & Inclusion