Sr Software Engineer - iOS. Uber Infra
About the Role:
The Developer Platform's vision is to be the industry leader for how developers build high-quality software productively at scale. Our mission is to Enable Uber developers to build high-quality software consistently and without frustration.
At Uber the Developer Platform teams build the technical foundation for engineers to develop the future of mobility. Our engineering community depends on us to develop centralized solutions to support each part of the development life cycle from writing the first line of code to shipping software to production that touches millions of users. We have a unique opportunity to work across Uber's products to solve for scale and impact company wide technical roadmaps.
We are looking for experienced Mobile Engineers who have experience in mobile App development and mobile Infra to work on high impact projects that will greatly increase developer velocity at Uber. If you love writing S.O.L.I.D. framework code that will stand the test of time, and enjoy the freedom to do things the "right way", then this is your team.
What You'll Do
- You will contribute to engineering efforts from design to implementation, solving complex technical challenges around developer and engineering productivity and velocity.
- You will build tooling including mobile test framework, test runners, device management systems, CI pipelines, failure detection and monitoring systems and more.
- Enhance iOS platform tools and Framework to fit the problem statement.
- Enforce good design and architecture patterns.
- You will contribute to the End To End system and Solve problems at scale.
- Analyze and decompose complex software systems and collaborate with cross-functional teams to influence design for ease-of-use, scalability, and testability,
- Work closely with iOS, Android, release and backend engineers to design cross-platform solutions.
Collaborate with different program teams working on our applications.
- 7+ years of experience with software engineering. Sound understanding of computer architecture and CS fundamentals.
- Strong expertise in Swift and Objective-C
- Solid computer science foundations in data structures, algorithms, system design
- Strong skills in debugging and root causing
- Deep understanding of iOS SDKs
- You have understanding of latest and cutting edge frameworks on iOS
- You have experience in multithreaded programming and excellent memory management know how
- Strong focus on high-quality and maintainable code
- Experience in efficiently collaborating on projects
- High emotional intelligence, empathy, self-awareness, and optimism.
- Great communication skills and an ability to work in a team and with end-users
Experience with writing, releasing, maintaining mobile applications
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or a related field
- Extensive Experience with device certificates and provisioning profiles
- Experience with bash scripts, python, go, java and other languages
- Experience with CI infrastructure ( buildkite )
Contribute to the wider iOS community via open source
Why Join Us
- We are an extremely open, collaborative and impact driven organization and we optimise for impact
- Teammates. Work with empathetic, smart and motivated teammates in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- High scalability engineering. Build world class engineering for high throughput and low latency distributed systems. We take ownership in creating elegant and reliable code.
- Fun problem solving. We love solving challenging problems with cutting edge algorithms. We move fast and build things that have never been built before.
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Diversity & Inclusion