Lead of Payment Methods
About this role
The Lead of Payment Methods will be responsible for managing the research, assessment and implementation of new payment solutions in Latin America and owning the strategic plan and roadmap in the region!
This is a management role but it is encouraged to be hands on in the details and the overall strategy of payments in the region.
What You'll do
- Build a robust but detailed understanding of preferred payment methods in each market where Uber operates in LatAm
- Assess the need for adding new payment methods, evaluate cost, efforts and benefits, and prioritize accordingly
- Partner with Product, Market Operations, ENG and Business Development colleagues to complete the implementation and drive adoption
- Manage the recently crafted Payment Methods vertical, build governance and ownership and clearly define scope of the team
- Advocate for payments goals in Choice and Costs
- Lead innovation process for big bets in alternative payment methods
- Promote regional efforts to drive adoption and improve conversion
- Become the go-to-person for payment methods in the region
What You'll Need
- 6+ years of experience in the payments space, consulting or financial services. Extra points if this experience is in a technology company
- Ability to handle large volumes of data (generated from SQL queries) and strong background in crafting presentations.
- Strong background in project management, being able to lead multiple initiatives with regional scope
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Proficiency in English. Bonus points for Spanish and/or Portuguese.
- Ability to work with local, regional and global partners from a diverse set of backgrounds
- 2-3 years of people management experience
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Diversity & Inclusion