Senior Analyst, Internal Controls & Risk Management
About the Role
The Internal Controls & Risk Management team is responsible for the management and monitoring of financial risk across Uber. It's mandate is to partner with the business to proactively manage risk and maintain an effective and efficient control environment over financial risks, with a particular focus on financial reporting risk and Internal controls over financial reporting.
The Senior Analyst, Internal Controls & Risk Management will be focused on coordinating and building a world class financial risk management program, through the strategic design and implementation of a financial controls program to respond to risk across existing and emerging products at Uber (e.g. Delivery, Freight, etc.). The successful applicant will work closely with various product teams and business process owners, Uber's Internal Audit team and External Auditors to manage financial risk by facilitating an effective and efficient control environment.
What You'll Do
- Manage and assist in Global SOX controls testing for key processes and guidance to internal stakeholders on documentation, risk and control framework and IPEs
- Assist senior management in defining the control objectives and monitoring compliance efforts
- Design and administer internal controls over financial reporting. Review financial reporting, identify process deficiencies and recommend improvements
- Evaluate business risk and control measures around Revenue Assurance process and assess the effectiveness of the control mechanism
- Review test findings within the Internal/External Audit Team, facilitate the remediation of control gaps, and escalate possible critical issues to the senior management. Serve as a liaison between management and external auditors. Stay abreast of changes in SOX/ICFR regulations to ensure timely compliance
- Identify areas of potential improvement for key processes and procedures and support the management of the related processes and procedures. Responsible for maintaining and updating all aspects of the internal SOX compliance
- Assisting the Manager with the development of management self-testing and overall improvement of the financial control maturity in Uber India and other Global Regions
- Build and implement SOX control framework for Uber acquired entities. Partner with the stakeholders and helping them identifying financial risk, building financial controls, QC and monitoring of the key controls
- Work closely with the FRM IT teams to bridge gaps between IT controls and business controls, including automated controls and appropriate system scoping efforts (ITGC)
- Work with process owners/business functions to improve the efficiency of the control environment through implementation of automation or process improvement
- Build and maintain relationships across Finance and the wider business, Internal Audit, external audit and other external stakeholders to drive effective Financial Risk Management
- Understand and manage existing and emerging risks arising out of new products or existing products and adopt preventative measures to manage them.
What You'll Need
- Qualified Chartered Accountant/ MBA Finance, Certified Public Accountant and preferably from Big 4 Audit Firm or consulting firms
- Minimum 6-8 years of Post Qualification work experience in Internal Controls, Statutory Audit & Risk management and Assurance Function
- Team management, problem-solving, conflict management, and time management skills
- Experience in SOX compliance/business controls testing, Risk Management, or related Audit & Assurance field.
- Working and technical knowledge of Indian Accounting Standards, IFRS, US GAAP (preferred), IFC Reporting, SEC reporting requirements, SOX requirements, etc.
- Experience in SOX testing program, leading Internal Audit/ controls, and compliance assignments for global organizations
- Multi-tasking abilities to handle various issues simultaneously and work under tough timelines during quarter close
- Knowledge and experience of Governance, Risk and Control, COSO, and Financial Reporting Requirements
- Knowledge and experience of regulatory requirements & standards of the SOX Act and the Indian Companies Act, working knowledge of PCAOB requirements
- Excellent knowledge of ERP systems and Automated Control Environments
- Ability to influence and work with various stakeholders at all levels of the Group across the organization with frequent coordination
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Diversity & Inclusion