Product Designer - Uber Eats, Delivery
About the Role
As a Product Designer on Uber Eats you'll solve hard and complex problems that often span across the Eats marketplace (consumer, merchant, courier). You'll collaborate with engineers, product managers, and some of the world's best designers, researchers, and UX writers in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment. Using your skills in concepting, facilitation, prototyping, and visual design, you'll create useful, functional, and impactful experiences that change the way people access local commerce and make their lives more convenient. As a designer on a small but mighty team, you'll have an impact on our design framework, shape, and the way that we work and collaborate with each other.
The role demands system thinking, great execution, bold innovation, obsession with quality, fearlessness, and optimism to be inspired by the unknown and never settle, solving problems with creativity while keeping the user in mind and ambition to take projects to the finish line.
What You'll Do
- Own design problems end to end, from initial concept through shipping and beyond
- Build flows and prototypes to tackle difficult UX problems
- Obsess over the details of visual and motion design
- Work with product managers to define products (requirements, strategic functionality, bold bets), not just translate them into design execution.
- Identify future opportunities, working as a key thought partner to your counterparts in product, engineering, and operations
- Partner with engineers to ship pixel-perfect designs
- The ship, measure and improve your designs based on quantitative and qualitative feedback
- Partner with our UX research team to better understand the needs of our customers, find opportunities and translate insights into product requirements and substantial action.
- Brainstorm and iterate with your design colleagues to help raise the bar on the whole Eats experience
- 4+ years of product design experience
- A portfolio showing your high quality, thoughtful UI and UX work
- Experience working with qualitative and quantitative data that helps ground your decisions in real data, marketplace needs & norms, and business OKRs.
- Experience building for a consumer audience
- Ability to work collaboratively across cross-functional teams and levels
- Examples of developing and conveying ideas clearly in a written and visual format--clearly demonstrate how your designs tackle customers' problems or add value to their lives
- Ability to facilitate team discussions and help drive toward decisions
- A track record of shipping phenomenal design with an understanding of what details matter at each stage of the release cycle, and make vital tradeoff decisions.
- Experience building products for Android or iOS, and web
- Knowledge of mobile and web design patterns
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber's cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, Uber recommends all US- and Canada-based employees to be vaccinated in order to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company's discretion.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada