iOS Software Engineer - Earner
About the Role
We're looking for an inventive and passionate iOS developer to help build the foundation of the Uber Driver app. As part of the Earner Platform team, you will get the opportunity to pave the way for new and exciting innovations in the Driver app.
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
---- What the Candidate Will Do ----
- Create delightful and groundbreaking iOS applications and features for our Driver app.
- Pick and choose the latest developments in the iOS ecosystem to integrate into the app, e.g. app clips, widgets, Carplay, etc.
- Dive deep into Uber mobile architecture and Apple/open source libraries to fully optimize user experience.
- Elevate the performance of the app with a focus on reliability, recoverability, and tolerance to any network conditions.
---- Basic Qualifications ----
- 3+ years software engineering experience
- Strong expertise in iOS engineering, keeping up-to-date on the latest developments
- Deep understanding of iOS SDKs
- Product development experience
- Great communication skills and an ability to work in a team and with stakeholders
- Experience with writing, releasing, maintaining mobile applications
---- Preferred Qualifications ----
- Experience in development in distributed systems
- Metric/data driven approach to problem solving
- Contribution to open source or other active involvement in the iOS community
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada