Sr. Actuary, Predictive Modeling (Remote)
The Safety and Insurance Team works toward continuously making Uber a safe choice by limiting incidents, and responding appropriately to the occurrence of rare events, ensuring current and future users see and trust our deep commitment to them. In this role you will support the procurement of insurance and monitoring of loss trends that drive business decisions.
What You'll Do
- Develop and maintain predictive models to solve complex problems in risk segmentation, reserving, claims, and litigation
- Develop and own predictive modeling roadmap, including project and resource planning
- Partner with a diverse and talented team of risk management executives, actuaries, and data scientists to identify areas for future investment
- Work with operations and product management teams to ensure risk/insurance aware business decisions
- Candidate with ACAS designation and minimum 6 years of Property and Casualty (P&C) predictive modeling experience
- BA/BS in Math, Statistics, Economics, or similar
- FCAS designation
- Ability to build models using open-source software (e.g. R, Python), experience in distributed statistical computing preferred
- Personal or commercial auto insurance experience
- Experience managing or mentoring staff in predictive modeling
- Experience leading projects within a matrix organization
- Executive-level slide-building and presentation skills
- Balance attention to detail with swift and practical execution
- Drive to learn complex topics
- Ability to travel quarterly to an Uber hub location within the US if based remotely
- Enthusiasm about Uber!
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada