Associate, Strategic Finance APAC
About the Role
In this role, you will be part of our Mobility Strategic Finance team for APAC and reporting to the Head of Finance, APAC Mobility. You will be partnering across Central Operations, Strategy & Planning teams, Regional Finance teams and in close collaboration with the HQ Rides Finance FP&A and Product teams. With unique visibility into the mega-regional business and across product teams / verticals, you will be able to reach insights others might not be able to make.
In this position, you will be driving strategic analysis and insights to influence finance and business leaders around product portfolio, competitive dynamics, marketplace investments and engagement levers, rider and driver operations. In addition, you will help the team setting and delivering targets, through forecasting, reporting and analysis efforts, but also building the right financial discipline across multiple initiatives. Besides FP&A, you will also have the opportunity to participate in key regional strategic projects and establish ROI processes for investment asks across the region.
If you're ready to go deep working on a rewarding set of challenges and if you've got the finance & excel skills, brain power, passion, professional commitment and a strong team mentality - read on and get in touch!
What You'll Do:
- Financial planning and analysis: work closely with the finance organization and with regional business leaders to develop financial forecasts and operational goals, apply business judgement and financial insights to help with decision making
- Sophisticated financial modeling: build models from scratch, improve existing models, and capture complex business reality/dynamics and interactions into comprehensive models and leverage those to assess trade-offs, propose solutions and drive better decision making
- Think strategically and execute: the models we build aid in decision making and strategy - we operationalize our insights and support daily execution;
- Monthly close: report and analyze variances between actuals, forecast, and plan - use insights to iterate on forecasts and create/discuss potential action plans with cross-functional stakeholders
- Process improvement: help improve our planning processes and ensure finance best practices spread through the organization. Work closely with accounting to provide input on management reporting needs and better understand our actuals
- Innovate: we will push the boundaries beyond traditional forecasting. Be creative, adaptive, and eager to learn new technical skill sets
- Special projects: new initiatives always come up, you will have the chance to contribute on product launches, M&A and JV deals, business partnerships, cross-border strategy, etc.
What You'll Need:
- BS/BA in Finance, Accounting, Economics highly preferred
- Experience in Banking, PE/VC, Corporate finance or operational FP&A role at either a high-growth company or a large, well-established organization
- Strong analytical skills
- Elite Excel/Google Sheet skills: Best practices are second-nature, your models are efficient, scalable and intuitive
- Excellent communication and people skills: numbers are key, but a business is built with people
- Self-starter: You will take initiative, be dedicated, set and drive toward goals
- Attention to detail: consistent with swift and high quality execution. We need to do things quickly and we need to do them well. Striking that balance can be challenging and this should be a strength of yours.
Nice to Haves:
- Working knowledge of US GAAP
- Systems: working knowledge of enterprise-level financial planning systems such as IBM Cognos TM1
- SQL skills: the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role
- CFA or CPA
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada