Lead Web Developer
About the Role
As a Full Stack, Marketing Solutions Lead Web Developer on the WebOps team, you will work on a homegrown Content Management System that powers the majority of the marketing content on the web for Uber. The platform is constantly evolving with sophisticated features, and the product is being used by multiple teams internally.
Web Ops' role is to ensure that marketing and operations teams are successfully able to implement their various projects and priorities on the web.
In this role, you will use web development skills to unblock, enhance, and aid projects. This can come in the form of new module development, bug triaging, investigation, new CMS features, and more. The combination of technical challenges and cross-functional teamwork will allow you to grow as a developer.
Join us to work on some of the most exciting challenges!
What You'll Do
- Own the development effort around Content Management systems authoring solutions
- Collaborate with design and marketing to maintain, enhance and grow a modular block based CMS
- Work cross functionally with engineering teams to deliver premier Content Management System solutions
- Collaborate closely with Product Managers, Product Designers, Prod Ops, Central Operations teams and have an opportunity to craft the future of Web at Uber.
- You'll play a key role in planning sessions and provide input into team roadmap
- 6+ years of industry experience in Full-stack development.
- Experience working with web application development frameworks such as NodeJS, React, Redux, Angular, Next or similar
- Experience with object oriented programming languages, like Go, Java, Python
- Experience building microservices and API
- Experience with React and Node.js
- Experience building large scale distributed systems
- Basic Knowledge and understanding of SEO standard methodologies
- Proven experience of shipping high-quality features on schedule
- Experience implementing sophisticated projects with multiple dependencies
- Curiosity to learn the ridesharing business!
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada