Program Specialist III
About the Role
We are looking for an exceptional Project Management professional to join our APAC COE team and work for the diverse regions and team in our organization. This role will help in leading, supporting, planning and executing, and supervising a wide variety of site-level, regional and cross-regional, as well as mega-region projects.
From design to data management and from strategy to development, you need to love to get into the weeds of problems and figure out how to break down barriers, improve our organizational capabilities and build sustainable solutions. You will also be expected to think creatively, identify data trends, suggest improvements and help in the creation of efficient processes.
This individual will work closely with leadership to make sure that the scope and direction of each project is on schedule, meeting the objective it was designed for, and ultimately deliver the promised benefits for the organization. You will be working with a driven Project Delivery team, employees, partners, and management and will often be required to skillfully multitask. We have a small but highly capable and motivated team that drives APAC COE's regional and local strategy, goals and execution.
About the Team
The Planning and Execution Team is responsible for handling strategy, planning, and delivery of banner projects and key initiatives across Uber's flagship centers of excellence in APAC. We are a diverse team of highly motivated individuals spread across our sites, collaborating with different sets of partners around the globe and in a wide variety of functions and departments.
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
- Manage, support, execute, document, and monitor various regional and site level projects, across multiple teams dealing with e.g. quality and service improvements, creating and improving capabilities, data analytics, migrations, people initiatives, reporting improvements, process standardization and keeping track of plans, quality and timelines for such activities
- Estimate work efforts, define milestones and manage resources accordingly, while driving adherence and compliance with deadlines on deliverables as assigned to projects
- Track progress, understand dependencies, communicate status to upper management and project stakeholders, and facilitate and coordinate schedules for meeting either locally or across sites
- Meticulously document project plans and progress, imploring project management techniques and principles and using different software and equipment
- Proactively work to remove obstacles and enable forward momentum and progress. Manage issue escalations and provide support to teams balancing competing priorities.
- You will also need analytical skills to be able to solve problems that may come up during a typical work day. You will be analyzing data and making decisions that affect the project on a regular basis.
- Develop communications strategies and concepts around the projects and initiatives we need to roll out. Manage strategies and operations to ensure content is polished and submitted on time.
---- Basic Qualifications ----
- Should have been performing the current role/ level for at least 6 months
- Positive doer and strong Uber culture advocate
- Proven ability to be organised and detailed in completion of tasks
- Been a POC for the senior leadership when it comes to reporting and/or creation of decks to represent projects
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence and empower people at all levels across a broad variety of job functions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical success and the capacity for developing / understanding strategy
- Hands-on experience executing an initiative from start to finish. Achieves project goals while managing scope, time, quality and risk. Learns from failures as well as successes.
- Ability to work with remote teams and across time zones to develop strategies and foster a cohesive and creative work environment
- Excellent organizational skills to juggle many tasks without losing sight of the highest priority items. Ability to stay focused under pressure, prioritizing and running and/or supporting multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to understand sophisticated concepts and work across multiple functions and teams. Demonstrate initiative, persistence, ability to problem solve, and passion for learning new skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing shift schedules and working night hours
---- What the Candidate Will Do ----
- Basic project management skills and experience, including introductory training
- Proven track record in planning and execution
- Should have prior experience in both project and portfolio management in a scaled services organisation
- Supporting a launch and scaling of a new shared services / customer service site in program management perspective is preferred
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada