Program Specialist IV
About the Team
The Planning and Execution Team is responsible for running strategy, planning, and delivery of banner projects and key initiatives across Uber's flagship centers of excellence in APAC. We are a diverse team of highly motivated individuals spread across our sites, collaborating with different sets of partners around the globe and in a wide variety of functions and departments.
About the Role
We are looking for an exceptional Project Management professional to join our APAC COE to work for regional programs for the COE's. This role will help in running, supporting, and supervising a wide variety of site level and regional projects.
From design to data and from strategy to development, you need to love getting into the weeds with problems to figure out how to break down barriers, improve our organizational capabilities and build sustainable solutions. You will also be expected to think creatively, identify data trends, suggest improvements and help in the creation of efficient processes.
This individual will work closely with leadership to make sure that the scope and direction of each project is on schedule, and meeting the objective it was designed for. You will be working with a driven Project Delivery team, employees, stakeholders and management and will often be required to skillfully multitask. We have a small but highly capable and motivated team that drives APAC COE's regional and local strategy, goals and execution.
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
- Manage, support and supervise various regional and site level projects, across multiple teams dealing with subject matters such as quality and service improvements, creating and improving capabilities, data analytics, migrations, people initiatives, reporting improvements, process standardization, and keeping track of plans, quality and timelines for such projects
- Work with senior leadership as a thought partner for APAC and Manila to ensure we are able to achieve desired goals and work towards timely execution
- Strong written and spoken communication skills to ensure feedback for updates and completion of programs across multiple sites is captured accurately
- Help create and work through end to end programs right through ideation, execution and closure of priority programs for the region that may include data analysis
- Estimate work efforts, define achievements and lead resources accordingly, while driving adherence and compliance to deadlines on deliverables as assigned to projects
- You will be handling a portfolio of projects under a specific region. You will be accountable in driving the success, completion, and reporting of projects and initiatives to the regional stakeholders and to the APAC project delivery team lead
- Proactively work to remove or escalate risks or issues and enable forward momentum and progress
- You will potentially lead a small team of project managers and enable them to drive quality and completion of projects as well as handle administrative people management tasks
---- Basic Qualifications ----
- Performing the current S3 role for more than 12 months (internal)
- Project management experience for at least 2 years
- Positive influencer and strong Uber culture advocate (internal)
- Excellent organizational skills to balance many tasks without losing sight of prioritization. Ability to stay focused under pressure, prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence and motivate people at all levels across a broad variety of job functions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical success and the capacity for developing / understanding strategy
- Clear exposure to the senior leadership when it comes to reporting and/or creation of decks to represent projects
- Hands-on experience executing an initiative from start to finish. Achieves project goals while running scope, time, quality and risk. Learn from failures as well as successes.
- Ability to work with remote teams and across time zones to develop strategies and foster a cohesive and creative work environment
- Independence in the event of remote reporting lines while still building strong relationships and a creative work environment with his/her manager, peers, and stakeholders across the distance
- Ability to understand sophisticated concepts and work across multiple functions and teams. Demonstrate initiative, persistence, ability to creatively problem solve, and passion for learning new skills
---- What the Candidate Will Do ----
- Have prior experience in both project and portfolio management in a scaled services organisation
- Has experience working independently with remote reporting lines
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada